This leadership position is responsible for management and oversight of multiple client service teams and new business development. The Vice-President is responsible for establishing and maintaining strong client relationships at the strategic level and for driving organic growth within existing clients, as well as for participating in new business pitches as needed.
The Vice-President participates in all management team activities and works with other department managers to facilitate inter-and intra-department communication, conflict resolution, and general operating procedures. They also contribute to company-wide new business efforts and help identify opportunities to involve other Syneos Health divisions.
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Work with client services teams to understand/interpret client needs, ensure overall client expectations are met and surpassed, develop account relationships to supplement relationships at the business unit and account management levels.
- Grow business within current accounts and introduce network companies to opportunities on current accounts.
- Work with company leadership and sister companies to identify and develop opportunities in new areas. Lead and/or contribute to proposal development and capabilities presentations.
- Oversee client services teams responsible for revenue, expenses, and efficiencies within each team. Report business status, reconciliation and forecasting to management team.
- Ensure company policies and guidelines are communicated, understood and followed by teams.
- Manage team strengths/weaknesses, needs, and resources.
- Ensure career development plans are in place and are continuously reviewed.
- Align departmental attributes with current and future business needs.
- Contribute to project assignment decisions as needed.
- Leadership role in hiring, training, mentoring, providing continuous feedback, and conducting performance evaluations with direct reports.
- Continuously look for ways to appropriately reward and motivate good work and enthusiasm.
- Participate in management meetings and contribute to overall company direction.
- Keep manager apprised of account status, new business opportunities, and personnel issues.
- Work closely with company leadership in Meetings, IT and Creative Services to monitor resources, work flow, and ensure that client needs are being met and surpassed.
- Assist in achieving stated client-oriented revenue goals for each business unit managed.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Job requires periodic US travel to meetings
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Seven plus years relevant job experience.
Leadership experience in a medical communications/education environment and demonstrated ability to manage several direct reports.
- Oncology/hematology and/or CNS experience strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of medical marketing and communications in the pharmaceutical arena, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong understanding of scientific and medical concepts.
- Extensive management experience with multidisciplinary teams, proven business development skills, and strong presentation skills, organization, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Knowledge of industry guidelines and regulations
- Computer proficiency, financial management and planning, and proposal writing skills