Building brands for specialized markets is our focus here at The Navicor Group. And in the complex world of oncology and immunology, this is no small feat. Making a difference in these areas requires more than a passing interest. It takes commitment. It takes a depth of understanding. It takes a specialist. In fact, it takes a team of specialists dedicated to oncology and passionate about turning patients into survivors. This is exactly what you’ll find at The Navicor Group.
The VP Account Director is a member of the agency's senior management team and is responsible for developing new business pitches and crafting compelling stories based on research and insights.
- Strategic planning and consultation with client(s)’ brand champion
- Present/pursue high-quality deliverables on behalf of the agency client’s strategic needs. Strategic partner with agency clients on brand vision. Leads client in identifying and understanding HCP and patient insights, guides message development, provides understanding of the brand barriers in collaboration with planners and creative lead; challenges strategies and directions not aligned with strategic positioning of the brand
- Oversees relationships with other marketing partners of pitch clients, as required
- Facilitates agency performance evaluation and development plans. Attends appropriate client meetings, market research, conventions/congresses, and communicates key learning to team and client; actively participates in promoting and defending the agency’s point of view
- Help clients solve problems and find new ways to communicate with their key audiences
- Financial reporting including month-over-month forecasting and accountability
- Maximizing profitability for sleeve of business
- Manage staff utilization
- Demonstrates business development (new or organic) experience and the ability to manage cross sections of agency resources while driving towards and meeting critical timelines and expectations
- To continually expand knowledge, stays current with advertising and pharma news/trends and competitive environment
- Communicates agency policies and significant developments to staff
- Participates in activities to generate the annual business plan for the company
- Fulfills management duties as a senior member of management, including personnel management and development
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 12+ years’ advertising agency experience in pharmaceutical marketing or other related disciplines, with 5 years in a management position; experience in managing and developing direct reports; proven leadership record with financial acumen, and established ability to work collaboratively in a multi-faceted organization.
- Oncology experience or experience with high science is required
- Must be able to provide a book of business/leads based on significant experience in the market