Updated: October 12, 2018
Location: New York, NY, United States
Job ID: 1131
You may have heard....PALIO and GSW are now a Singular Advertising Powerhouse Under GSW Brand Joining Forces Brings Unparalleled Talent Together Under Top Leadership.
Michael Austin and Nick Capanear will be leading the creative at GSWNY!
GSW in NYC is seeking a Associate Creative Director of Copy. The opportunity is to work on a key account in the cardiovascular category. We are looking for a creative who is ready to step into an ACD role and bring new ideas to the brand.
This position is responsible for working in partnership with Account Services colleague(s) to lead and manage in all aspects of his/her client relationship(s). In addition, this position will help provide overall strategic plans and initiatives, ensure delivery of high quality products and services consistent with contracts and agreements, helps manage financial and budgetary compliance, is responsible (with creative ideas and solutions) for revenue growth for existing clients as well as cross selling initiatives. Most importantly, he/she is responsible for setting the creative vision and maintaining the creative standards on-going. This includes being aware of current communications technology and media channels, including digital, and having the vision to utilize them creatively for meeting brand marketing objectives. He/she contributes to strength of agency-client relationship by nurturing relationship with client through communication, interaction and great work, and sets and maintains high standards commensurate with company creative expectations.
· Provide creative leadership and standards for the entire brand
· Owns his/her brands at the Associate Creative Director level
· Present and fight for the best work selling ideas internally and to clients
· Partner with clients on effective creative development
· Manage to client contract and project agreements with client(s), ensuring appropriate talent-to-task
· Monitor and manage team activity to ensure timely delivery of products and services to accounts
· Oversee and manage all financial aspects of client relationship including compliance to contract/ agreements, billings, write-offs, receivables, etc.
· Oversee relationships with other marketing partners of clients as required
· Create partnership approach with peers from other departments (e.g. Account Services, Brand Planning, Medical Strategy, etc.) on client’s business-creative vision
· Facilitate communication between team members and clients necessary to maintain strong relationships and effective creative management
· Provide creative and management direction as well as developmental support to direct reports
· Participate in new business/client activities and pitches as requested
· Act as a hands-on copywriter or art director (as appropriate) when needed.
· 5+ years healthcare advertising experience mandatory
· 2+ yrs in a senior management capacity
· Client facing experience mandatory
· Must have a thorough understanding of client’s business/category and demonstrate a best in class creative approach in offering creative solutions to an assigned client or category
· Must be aware of current communications technology and media channels, and have a demonstrated ability to utilize them creatively for meeting brand marketing objectives
· Proven ability to think beyond the campaign and help develop and drive creative marketing solutions (platforms) for client brands, with an emphasis on digital media.
· Prior business development experience and demonstrated success strategic and concepting skills
· Demonstrated success in managing a cross-functional team
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· User Experience (UX) design training or experience is preferred
· Demonstrated experience working on a wide range of accounts and categories
· Strategic Thinking: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can help create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Can connect strategies to creative solutions
· Creative Vision: Sets and maintains high standards commensurate with the company’s creative expectations
· Conceptual Creativity: Ability to think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others cannot; seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions
· 360-Degree Channel Marketing Mind-Set: Sees the complete media picture; familiarity with leveraging and combining all media to promote a Brand.
· Client Focus: Is dedicated to exceeding clients creative expectations; acts with the client’s best interest in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with client and gains their trust and respect
· Developing Direct Reports: Provides individual and team creative challenges; connects individual’s career goals to current and future work
· Financial Management: Conscious financial decision making with regard to creative development
· Demonstrating Ownership and Proactivity: Demonstrates ownership of assigned Brand work by continually coming up with new ideas proactively. Ability and willingness to show ownership of Brand work from a visual standpoint
· Presentation Skills: Is effective and dynamic in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small/large groups, with peers, direct reports and supervisors; is effective in selling creative rationale and work both inside and outside the organization; instills respect and can manage meeting flow during the presentations
· Willingness to be Flexible: Works beyond what is described in job description as needed. Willing to be flexible for the team, and ultimately the work. Willingness to work across teams as needed