Updated: May 8, 2019
Location: Columbus, OH, United States
Job ID: 748
Building brands for specialized markets is our focus here at The Navicor Group. And in the complex world of oncology and immunology, this is no small feat. Making a difference in these areas requires more than a passing interest. It takes commitment. It takes a depth of understanding. It takes a specialist. In fact, it takes a team of specialists dedicated to oncology and passionate about turning patients into survivors. This is exactly what you’ll find at The Navicor Group.
Join a team that is making the difference. Navicor, an oncology based agency, is seeking an Associate Creative Director of Copy.
This position is responsible for working in partnership with Account Services colleague(s) to lead and manage in all aspects of his/her client relationship(s). In addition, this position will help provide overall strategic plans and initiatives, ensure delivery of high quality products and services consistent with contracts and agreements, helps manage financial and budgetary compliance, is responsible (with creative ideas and solutions) for revenue growth for existing clients as well as cross selling initiatives.
Most importantly, he/she is responsible for setting the creative vision and maintaining the creative standards on-going. This includes being aware of current communications technology and media channels, including digital, and having the vision to utilize them creatively for meeting brand marketing objectives. He/she contributes to strength of agency-client relationship by nurturing relationship with client through communication, interaction and great work, and sets and maintains high standards commensurate with company creative expectations.
· Provide creative leadership and standards for the entire brand
· Owns his/her brands at the Associate Creative Director level
· Present and fight for the best work selling ideas internally and to clients
· Partner with clients on effective creative development
· Manage to client contract and project agreements with client(s), ensuring appropriate talent-to-task
· Monitor and manage team activity to ensure timely delivery of products and services to accounts
· Oversee and manage all financial aspects of client relationship including compliance to contract/ agreements, billings, write-offs, receivables, etc.
· Oversee relationships with other marketing partners of clients as required
· Create partnership approach with peers from other departments (e.g. Account Services, Brand Planning, Medical Strategy, etc.) on client’s business-creative vision
· Facilitate communication between team members and clients necessary to maintain strong relationships and effective creative management
· Provide creative and management direction as well as developmental support to direct reports
· Participate in new business/client activities and pitches as requested
· Act as a hands-on copywriter or art director (as appropriate) when needed.
• 6+ years healthcare advertising copywriting (Oncology/high science experience mandatory)
• 3+ yrs senior management capacity
• Portfolio that demonstrates work required for the position
• Must have a thorough understanding of client’s business/category and demonstrate a best in class creative approach in offering creative solutions to an assigned client or category
• Must be aware of current communications technology and media channels, and have a demonstrated ability to utilize them creatively for meeting brand marketing objectives
• Proven ability to think beyond the campaign and help develop and drive creative marketing solutions (platforms) for client brands, with an emphasis on digital media.
• Prior business development experience and demonstrated success strategic and concepting skills
• Demonstrated success in managing a cross-functional team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated experience working on a wide range of accounts and categories
• Strategic Thinking: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can help create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Can connect strategies to creative solutions
• Creative Vision: Sets and maintains high standards commensurate with the company’s creative expectations
• Conceptual Creativity: Ability to think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others cannot