Are you a seasoned communications professional with a passion for strategic planning, tactical execution and team oversight? We are seeking a dynamic and experienced PR Account Director to join our vibrant team of corporate communications experts within the Syneos Health Corporate Affairs Practice. In this role, you will help lead the execution of integrated communications plans for a leading biotechnology client (US + Global). This will include serving as the day-to-day project lead with clients, managing a talented team of PR professionals, and ensuring the seamless coordination of client projects.
- Client Relations: Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with clients, understanding their needs and ensuring the successful delivery of communication initiatives.
- Strategic Planning: Leverage your expertise and research to develop comprehensive and innovative communications strategies aligned with organizational goals.
- Project Oversight: Oversee and coordinate projects across a team of PR professionals, fostering a collaborative and creative work environment. This individual will manage campaign timelines and deliverables as well as manage account and financial deliverables.
- Integrated Campaign Development: Drive the development and execution of integrated communications campaigns, coordinating a seamless execution among various workstreams and subject matter experts within the Syneos network.
- Corporate Reputation and Thought Leadership: Oversee and activate on corporate and executive thought leadership opportunities, which includes development of media materials (press releases, Q&As, message documents, social media content), identifying media partnerships and conference engagements (including presentation development, talking points and event coordination) and build social media presence in collaboration with our digital and social media experts.
- Measurement and Analysis: Being able to connect impact of all efforts to key performance indicators (KPIs) and collaborate with our research and analytics experts to create measurement tools to assess the success of communication campaigns, making data-driven adjustments as needed.
- Experience: Minimum of 6 years’ experience in communications, PR and/or marketing, with a focus on developing and executing integrated communication plans for small, mid-size or large healthcare companies. Solid understanding of public relations best practices.
- Team Management: Proven experience coordinating high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment. Experience mentoring junior level team members to provide guidance and ensure they feel supported. Competence in project tracking and financial management of client business.
- Strategic Doer: Demonstrated ability to think strategically, offering creative solutions to achieve client objectives, and translating that into a realistic roadmap for execution. It’s important that this person be a driver, is self-motivated and works collaboratively within integrated teams.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Good oral presentation skills and ability to present ideas with persuasion.
- Client-Focused: A track record of building and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Industry Knowledge: Familiarity with current industry trends and best practices in communications. Good understanding of issues currently affecting the healthcare industry. Knowledge of the healthcare media environment.
- Tech savvy: Ability to leverage Microsoft 365 apps, such as Teams, PowerPoint, Word and Excel, to drive efficiencies.
If you are a strategic thinker, a dynamic leader, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we invite you to apply and be a key player in shaping the success of our communication endeavors. Join us in making a lasting impact through effective and innovative communication strategies.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $100,000 to $140,000. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high of the Syneos Health range for this position. Actual salary will vary based on various factors such as the candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. In addition, some positions may include eligibility to earn commissions/bonus based on company and / or individual performance.
At Syneos Health Communications, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we will consider transferable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network
to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
The Corporate Affairs Practice provides corporate reputation programming including narrative development and enterprise-level storytelling, thought leadership, public affairs, issues management, strategic media relations and internal communications expertise to support the needs of the practice’s clients. The practice is a centralized resource to Syneos Health’s four PR agencies across multiple offices within the network. The client roster includes large, small and mid-size companies in the pharma, biotech, insurance, medical device, diagnostics and consumer health space.
Work Here Matters Everywhere | How are you inspired to change lives?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
Syneos Health has a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Syneos Health customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Syneos Health and maintain compliance with these requirements.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality-of-life balance. The benefits for this position will include a competitive compensation package, Health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, Company match 401k, flexible paid time off (PTO) and sick time. Because certain states and municipalities have regulated paid sick time requirements, eligibility for paid sick time may vary depending on where you work. Syneos Health complies with all applicable federal, state, and municipal paid sick time requirements.