The LDL is primarily responsible for the successful development, delivery, execution, and management of all the Client’s large account management training-related needs. The LDL is expected to comprehend and communicate the disease state, marketplace, and product-specific clinical, health economic and operational (incl reimbursement and product procurement pathways) information and materials. The LDL is also expected to understand and elevate the team`s large account management and leadership competencies. The LDL must be a self-starter, intrapreneurial and have the ability to lead from training creation to execution. The LDL must possess effective collaboration, communication, facilitation, and coaching skills. As a partner to key account management leadership, should be highly competent on aspects of account-based leadership and application of strategic selling skills in complex customer environments.
Job Responsibilities (Duties may include, but are not limited to all of the following)
- Works with Field Account Management Team, Field Account Leadership Team, and Account Strategy team to provide training and coaching on account management effectiveness and other topics
- Supports Field Key Account Team, Key Account Leadership Team and Key Account Strategy team by leading efforts around national sales meetings, POA meetings, manager meetings, and other training interventions
- Interface with Client Sales Learning & Development, Account Management Learning & Development, Leadership Learning & Development, Marketing and Managed Markets teams to help identify, build and deliver relevant training to Field Key Account Teams. Interface with legal, compliance and medical to ensure assessment and approval of all training-related content.
- Ability to cross functionally collaborate and drive organizational change
Project management responsibilities
- Ability to proactively shape and create specific project/training plan in current “white space” environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete those projects on time and within budget
- Ability to break down larger training plan and projects into training milestones and hold cross-functional team accountable to delivery of the plan
- Ability to measure project outcomes success, and insights to evolve training design, development and/or delivery to continuously improve key account management training effectiveness
- Develops and maintains internal key account management training guidelines (incl. certification requirements for Key Account Management team)
- Develops and maintains new key account management onboarding curriculum, leads onboarding training for new key account managers (2-5 KAM/year max) and outlines KPIs for onboarding completion and effectiveness of onboarding
- Conducts initial and ongoing Key Account training needs analyses, incl. perspectives from external industry best practices
- Attend account / customer meetings to understand competency levels and to inform training plan
- Creates and maintains an integrated, workable Training Plan to determine the goals, strategies, and tactics to be implemented to achieve client satisfaction, including marketplace training, product training and materials, leadership training and account management training
- Outlines training goals, outcomes and measures/KPIs for attainment of training goals and outcomes
- Leverages and selects existing resources in different training departments to inform integrated training plan
- Develops training concepts and associated objectives, descriptions, and sequencing for all training efforts
- Works with Field Account and Account Strategy Leadership to determine specific metrics and measurements to assess the success of training activities
- Oversees content for all forms of training delivery & works with the content developer/vendor
- Nurtures the training concepts throughout their evolution to ensure alignment with the strategic intent of the overall brand and account strategy objectives
- Engages with designated Field Account Team and Client HQ Members throughout the entirety of development process (see liaison description)
- Oversees live training logistical and preparation support, including scheduling assistance, printing guides, and facilities requirements
- If needed, conducts leader or facilitator training for all developed content and provides support for delivery as requested
- Manages live training intellectual property and leverages existing assets appropriately to improve project efficiency
- Oversees effective implementation and delivery of all training programs, including new-hire backfill training, NSMs and POAs, and frequent virtual training
- Manages classroom environment in a manner that allows representatives to meet learning objectives
- Coaches account managers during training classes and meetings
- Evaluates the competency levels of training class participants and provides timely evaluations and feedback
- Evaluates attainment of KPIs/measures related to training goals and outcomes
- Works with account management to formulate a representative development plan
- Expertise in population health decision makers carebouts/customer base and business-to-business account based selling
- Expertise in Key Account Management
- Working knowledge of Managed Markets (incl large institutions, payer and pharmacy channels)
- Understanding of health economic data
- Ability to effectively integrate and prioritize business acumen training, account management training, and product training to provide a comprehensive training plan to field key account management
- Expertise in MS Office tools such as MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS OneDrive, MS OneNote, MS Forms
- Remote-based role with a willingness to travel to home office to conduct training, attend sales/account meetings meetings in the US, and conduct field visits (~1/month)
Education: Bachelor`s degree
Required: large account management experience + sales training and/or account management capabilities/training experience;
Preferred: Working knowledge of at least one of these key areas: Key Accounts, Managed Markets, Account based Learning & Development and/or Institutional selling
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $140,000 to $150,000. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high of the Syneos Health range for this position. Actual salary will vary based on various factors such as the candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. In addition, some positions may include eligibility to earn commissions/bonus based on company and / or individual performance.
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we will consider transferable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
Why Syneos Health? We partner with industry experts to solve and execute against today's toughest commercialization challenges facing the world's leading healthcare companies. The diversification and breadth of our new and existing partnerships create a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities on our Commercial Operations and Leadership teams. Join our game-changing, global company dedicated to creating better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Experience the thrill of knowing that your everyday efforts are contributing to improving patients' lives around the world.
Work Here Matters Everywhere | How are you inspired to change lives?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
Syneos Health has a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Syneos Health customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Syneos Health and maintain compliance with these requirements.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality-of-life balance. The benefits for this position will include a competitive compensation package, Health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, Company match 401k, flexible paid time off (PTO) and sick time. Because certain states and municipalities have regulated paid sick time requirements, eligibility for paid sick time may vary depending on where you work. Syneos Health complies with all applicable federal, state, and municipal paid sick time requirements.