Syneos Health maintains a dynamic, fast-paced working environment. Each day contains different challenges and opportunities to learn. We take promising ideas, turn them into commercial realities, and manage the life of a product or device from its inception to its completion. We demand the best from our people but in return we offer a creative environment designed to allow you to be yourself and achieve your potential. We also offer unparalleled career development opportunities and brilliant benefits.
Our agency brand strategy team, the Client Strategy Group (CSG) is looking for a Strategy Director to join the team on a permanent basis. This position will report to the Head of Client Strategy and will support the work of the group across both existing accounts and BD opportunities in applying rigorous, imaginative, insight-driven thinking to both properly define, then creatively solve, clients’ strategic challenges.
- Work as an enthusiastic and collaborative member of the CSG
- Act as an advocate and ambassador for the group’s philosophy around adding value through subtraction, landing simple solutions to complex problems
- Act as hands-on lead strategist on a major treatment portfolio within the cardio-renal division of a leading global pharmaceutical company
- Act as lead strategist on select European and Global pitches and other business development opportunities
- Fully understand and comfortably work with the group’s key strategic processes and tools, both domestic EU and global (US) ones, as appropriate
- Work collaboratively with the creative department, ensuring that its members fully understand both the marketing problem and proposed solution, and feel both engaged and heard at all points
- Write and present slides/other appropriate presentational materials that powerfully and engagingly explain the proposed strategic solution at client presentation(s)
- Help design, interpret and present primary and secondary market research, converting data into novel and useable insights that can help solve client marketing problems or convert new business opportunities
- Review research decks provided by the client or segmentation studies, analyst reports, etc. relevant to either an in-line account or new business opportunity and extract, then summarise, the salient points for practical application by other team members
- Consult when appropriate with Business Development and other disciplines (Finance, Managed Markets, Recruiting, Consulting, etc.) within our broad, integrated team
- Proactively seek out industry and market intelligence that may impact in-line account and BD success
- Nurture and inspire junior members of the strategy team, when working together on in-line accounts or new business opportunities
- Experience working in a strategic role at agencies or management/brand consultancies
- Solid experience working across at least one of Advertising, PR or MedComms disciplines, and ideally more than one: while multiple experience is not mandatory, enthusiasm and curiosity to start doing so when working with the CSG very much is
- Healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industry experience ideal: but, again, curiosity/appetite to understand the category a must
- Background in medical strategy would be welcomed, but is not mandatory
- Customer research experience and expertise: working understanding of statistical techniques as apply to research design and interpretation
- Proven experience developing actionable insight and solutions from data, data models and other information sources
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including development of PowerPoint slides and other visual aids that summarise findings/insights in attention-grabbing and memorable ways
- Ability (and flexibility) to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- The intuitive ability to grasp what, amidst a sea of data and information, matters most - and then the confidence to discard what doesn’t
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to get along with a wide range of disciplines)
- Strong presentational skills (ability to both educate and inspire others)
- Ability to ask imaginative and probing questions and then to listen fully and open-mindedly to the responses
Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?