Updated: October 23, 2023
Location: Santa Monica, CA, United States
Job ID: 1930
You know that the outcome of a project hinges on two things: the plan and the people.
You are the glue that holds these two together. You easily maneuver the precarious path of maintaining the strategy and pace of a project, while keeping your team engaged and enthusiastic. You know what needs to be done, and your penchant for strategic delegation and problem-solving makes you a natural fit for this Senior Project Manager position with GSW.
The Senior Project Manager manages multidisciplinary teams to task and oversees agency work across multichannel tactics. Sr Project managers are the glue that helps keep projects — and people — together. They are responsible for planning, organizing, managing and executing projects from beginning to end, ensuring they are completed effectively on time and on budget.
GSW is a full-service healthcare communications agency that goes beyond advertising to create personalized brand experiences. We develop strategic marketing solutions for pharmaceutical, biotech and health-and-wellness clients around the world. We create experiences that involve, inspire, educate and activate people through ongoing brand journeys.
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
• Driver of internal agency process; ensuring team adheres to process guidelines, and problem solving issues. Keeping teams committed, motivated, and productive through the duration of the project
• Function in a hybrid Sr Account Executive/PM role, with direct client contact and working in client systems (when needed), on smaller brands that have the appropriate scope / level of work, while being able to function in a traditional PM role simultaneously on other team(s)
• Partners with Project Planners to fully understand, and execute to established estimates and work plans
• Responsible for partnering with the resource managers and studio teams in assigning Creative team members to projects
• Working within the Wrike system, writes tasks providing clear direction on deliverables. Partners with the Creative Director and Project Planners to flag any concerns on directive and to resolve logistics.
• Accurately captures next steps, client deliverables, etc. through conference reports or meeting recaps and distributes to appropriate team members
• Play a central role in risk analysis. The Sr PM must be adept at identifying potential roadblocks related to budgets, resources and timelines. Leading discussions on issue resolutions and reporting these potential issues to leadership, when necessary
• Ensures that Client Management is communicating with Creative during client conversations and in preliminary discussions involving project ideas & direction and vice versa. Acts as the “glue” in project development
• Ensures that project directive and documentation have taken place to appropriate team members. This includes proactively communicating to other team members who are affected by the directive
• Has a thorough understanding and knowledge of what it takes creatively to develop projects (project steps, creative responsibilities and skills). Utilizes this knowledge in helping staff for projects, tracking projects, problem solving, etc.
• Creates/distributes team daily status/updates, and pulls together key project groups as necessary. Runs weekly team status meetings
• Ensure that all pieces are properly routed and reviewed by team members with the help of Project Coordinators.
• Helping to train new PMs as they are onboarded into the organization
• Other duties as needed to meet the needs of the team.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS :
This role is a hybrid position and will require 1-2/days a week in the office.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $80,000 to $115,000. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high of the Syneos Health range for this position. Actual salary will vary based on various factors such as the candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. In addition, some positions MAY include eligibility to earn commissions/bonus based on company and / or individual performance
GSW turns against the premise of doing the “same old.” Our culture is focused on collaborative, meaningful advertising and day-to-day interpersonal interaction. We value the diverse backgrounds of our team members, and everyone has the opportunity to provide input and be heard. GSW is comprised of creative, motivated individuals who are all here for a reason. We welcome those who strive to work above and beyond their role, who voice their opinion and who are engaged in all aspects of the agency.
GSW is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today’s fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion, and technology; between data, design and human insight. We’re able to make those connections because our medical communications, digital, advertising, public relations, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing.
Work Here Matters Everywhere | How are you inspired to change lives?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
Syneos Health has a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Syneos Health customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Syneos Health and maintain compliance with these requirements.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality-of-life balance. The benefits for this position will include a competitive compensation package, Health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, Company match 401k, flexible paid time off (PTO) and sick time. Because certain states and municipalities have regulated paid sick time requirements, eligibility for paid sick time may vary depending on where you work. Syneos Health complies with all applicable federal, state, and municipal paid sick time requirements.
Discover what our more than 29,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: