You provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
Reporting to the Syneos Health National Business Director (NBD), the Regional Business Manager (RBM) is accountable for setting strategic and tactical direction that is aligned to overall brand strategy for their area field sales team (along with the execution and achievement of their team’s revenue goals). The RBM has two primary objectives: first, to execute on the launch milestones, and second, to achieve yearly sales performance targets within the Insomnia market. The launch objectives will also focus on hiring and training their field sales team, along with creating impactful and collaborative area business & account plans to meet/exceed revenue/profitability goals. The RBM will manage a team of Product Specialist Representatives (PSR’s) and Specialist Representatives in an assigned district.
- Responsible for shaping & executing the Brand Business Strategy through strong cross functional collaboration with the Marketing, Medical, and Access colleagues (i.e. including co creating integrated regional plans and exchanging insights with cross-functional field team)
- Lead, support & coach the Field Sales team to execute the strategy through the development of aligned integrated cross functional business & customer engagement plans that exceed business targets (sales and profitability) ; managing the regional operating budget, & allocates resources as required.
- Dedicated to making customer experience a priority by ensuring deep understanding of patient journey and HCP needs and enabling team on effective cross-functional omnichannel implementation
- Leads and advocates with their teams for total integration of tools (omni channel) available to maximize impact)
- Navigate complexity to be able to make prioritization decisions through analytical rigor with the agility to challenge & adapt strategy.
- Represent region at Quarterly business reviews (QBR) - analysis, insight, challenge & recommendations - and manage execution of assigned action items; report status through Planning & Innovation processes.
- Provides focus and clarity on the strategic direction and translates this for team members and customers in a compelling way to create engagement and commitment.
- Support and lead the focus on the organizational cultural aspirations through role modelling
- Recruiting, Inspiring, retaining & developing talent across the organization.
- Directs Sales Representatives in the acquisition, expansion and retention of targeted business within the assigned geographic area.
- Provide verbal and written guidance, coaching, follow up, and development of sales professionals in all phases of their work.
- Develop plans that effectively translate national and Area strategy at the district level.
- Full engagement with key customers (internal and external) and key accounts by developing and implementing strategies that support the growth of products.
- Inspire trust and positive working environment, and demonstrate appropriate behaviors and competencies including: Driving Accountability, Fostering Teamwork & Collaboration, Empowering Performance, Strategic Thinking and Business Acumen, Policy adherence, Process & Procedures, and Respecting Diversity.
- Works and navigates well in ambiguous situations, where not all resources are available all the time. Both from prioritization perspective, and timeliness.
- Collaborate closely with other Regional Business Managers including sharing of best practices, learnings from failures and experiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required. Ideally with a discipline in business and or Science.
- 2+ years proven 1st line leadership experience in a virtual and field-based environment
- 7+ years of relevant life science sales experience
- Previous successful team and product launch experience
- Proven ability to lead and manage significant scope and/or complexity of portfolio
- Proven ability to hire, lead, coach & mentor high performing teams
- Must be results oriented and strategic. Highly motivated, solution- oriented and a positive attitude.
- Ability to measure and analyze key performance indicators (ROI and KPIs)to identify opportunities or barriers and develop focused plan of action
- Previous Psychiatry/CNS/Sleep Disorder experience preferred
- Local and national travel is required for this position
- Fluent in English & French (oral and written)
- Valid Driver’s license
- Understanding of compliance & privacy laws
- Must be able to perform all responsibilities of the position
Culture & Values:
- Build and maintain a culture of trust , accountability, curiosity and learning, and collaboration
- Accountable for embedding a Performance Culture focused on driving collective accountability with standards being raised and ensuring aligned approach across the business
- Passionate about the patient journey with a patient centric approach
- Uphold a strong compliance culture by ensuring the team has a solid understanding of the current compliance environment and operates within the guidelines
- Advocates and leads their team to a strong culture of collaboration, understanding of imperatives, and working within resources available to drive both Cx and positive working environment.
Successful candidates will have proven to be proficient in the following areas:
- Thorough knowledge of the Canada Healthcare business
- Thorough knowledge of the key HCP/Hospital HCPs in Psych/Sleep/PCP in designated market
- Strong understanding of Business Acumen and customer needs
- Demonstrated coaching, team leadership and development skills
- The ability to use, coach and propagate omni-channel (virtual, Veeva-approved -email) ideas and tactics
- The ability to have a positive mindset in the face of adversity and the agility to develop/implement resources as needed
- Demonstrated excellent Communications skills [written, oral, & presentation]
- Organizational effectiveness skills
- Strong Performance Orientation
- Strategic Thinking skills
- Powerful sense of ambition and determination
- Strong collaboration skills
- Virtual skills
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we will consider transferable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
Why Syneos Health? Here, the work is challenging, and the pace is exhilarating. By joining one of our commercial teams, you’re empowered to succeed with the support, resources, and autonomy that you need. The diversification and breadth of our new and existing partnerships create a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Syneos Health has launched more sales teams in the last 5 years across all major therapeutic areas than the top 25 pharma companies combined. Join our game-changing, global company dedicated to creating better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Experience the thrill of knowing that your everyday efforts are contributing to improving patients’ lives around the world.
Work Here Matters Everywhere | How are you inspired to change lives?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
Syneos Health has a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Syneos Health customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Syneos Health and maintain compliance with these requirements.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality-of-life balance. The benefits for this position will include a competitive compensation package, Health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, Company match 401k, eligibility to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan and flexible paid time off (PTO) and sick time. Because certain states and municipalities have regulated paid sick time requirements, eligibility for paid sick time may vary depending on where you work. Syneos Health complies with all applicable federal, state, and municipal paid sick time requirements.