Within Technology and Data Solutions [TDS] (a division of Syneos Health) our strength is the efficiency with which we deliver leading-edge products and support to those we serve. We’re proud to set the standard for success in our industry. To help us maximize our growth, the experienced associate director of operations plays a critical role. The role collaborates very closely with each of the Business Units in TDS and leadership to strategize and execute long-term plans that usher in new levels of productivity, efficiency and success. This role supports business goals by leveraging data, documenting and identifying opportunities to drive effectiveness in support of our clients. This role is also critical in resource management partnering with the businesses to effectively manage resource capacity, allocation, utilization and reporing
- Accountable for Business Operations Function (operational efficiency, staffing, project management, finance, contracts, process documentation etc) for all Business Units inside TDS, including oversight of team members.
- Drives the data collection from various sources, collation and analysis; may present data (scorecard) in support of the goals for the business and the progress being made against those goals with support from the wider Operations team.
- Collaborate with leadership in the development & execution of long-term operational plans. Assist with strategic goal setting for operational efficiency and increased productivity in partnership with key stakeholders that align to business model, mission and objectives.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process & gap analysis and interdepartmental collaboration. Work proactively to identify areas for effectiveness and recommend solutions. Accountable to oversee the documentation of all operations to ensure that consistent, efficient workflows are in place, yielding optimal productivity and performance. Ensure all documentation is stored in a central respitory to maximize team effectiveness.
- Team oversight of a growing group to deliver against the goals of TDS. Lead, inspire and drive high performance while fostering employee engagement for direct reports.
- Line management responsibilities include professional development, performance management, coaching and separations as needed. Contributes to course of action on salary administration, interview & selection, and ongoing work assignment & expected output.
- Additional responsibilities with team support include capacity & utilization analysis for resources, financial forecasting, pricing support across new and repeat customers, contract management and client invoicing. Work in support of driving strong financial health for the business.
- Build and maintain relationships across the TDS & Syneos Health enterprise to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals. Effectively works in a matrixed model to drive customer satisfaction & scalability with our processes while listening to feedback for continuous improvement.
- Leads and/or supports discussions on the weekly resourcing calls and meetings to coordinate resource allocation and capacity. Prepares and collects material in advance of these meetings for smooth and efficient call handling.
- Provides continuous process improvement suggestions and escalates resourcing or process issues as required
- Liaises with BU’s and leadership to provide a holistic view of capacity, allocation, availability, and open requisitions for discussion and provide action plans.
- Establishes partnerships and ensures communication and sharing of information across departmental and business teams. Acts as an extension of the BU or Functional Group in attempting to efficiently allocate resources.
- Instills accountability for line management responsibilities for resourcing capacity, allocation, and utilization. Works with and advises team members on solving problems, setting priorities, and areas and methods of improvement.
- Coordinates resourcing efforts with business units to ensure utilization of resources meet urgent needs. Validates utilization of staff by working with teams to review projected versus actual billable hours.
- Provides resourcing reporting and analytics. Gathers information on BU labor, trends or critical gap areas turnover, and utilization, providing leadership with monthly summary report. Seeks methods to reduce manual reporting efforts and increase automation. Ensures delivery of standard reports on time and with high quality.
- Analyzes resourcing and utilization trends and/or critical gap areas. Creates/builds dashboards to provide detailed information from various sources to aid in resource management.
- Provides resourcing requirement predictions to management and liaises with leadership to provide hiring projections and reconciles requisitions for hiring.
- Compiles labor projection information for potential new business.
- Defines requirement documentation to assists in the development of systems, tools and reports to accurately track resourcing information for all staff in TDS.
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we take into consideration transferrable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network
to stay connected to additional career opportunities. Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- 6-8 years leadership role in the appropriate field
- Strong knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including project management, finance, customer service, resourcing and contract management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Ability to synthesize and analyze large quantities of data to draw conclusions and provide insights and actionable plans.
- Proven leadership skills and working knowledge of effective resource management.
- Adept to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines delivering high quality work in a dynamic environment is essential.
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a matrix environment required.
- Attention to detail with excellent documentation skills and ability to continuously anticipate problems, using poise and effective interpersonal skills, as well as a team-oriented approach is essential.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project, PowerPoint, Email and Internet are required
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Proven ability to lead a high performing team
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g., SAP, ERP, CRM)
Interviews may be conducted in person at an on-site interview location. For any in person interviews, local Covid safety guidelines will be followed.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re empowered to exceed your sales goals with the autonomy you need to over deliver. We’re dedicated to creating better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Syneos Health has launched more sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas than the top 25 pharma companies combined. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.