The Clinical Trial Liaison is responsible for providing non-promotional scientific, educational, and research support for
client’s clinical studies. The CTL should be highly trained in assigned therapeutics area and well-versed in clinical research
and practice. A primary focus of this role and basis for measuring CTL performance is the ability to identify appropriate
patients with Agitation in Alzheimer’s Disease (AAD) and their treating physicians, support acceleration of clinical studies
completion through identification of new clinical sites, collaboration with existing sites, and/or enrollment of appropriate
patients in client-sponsored clinical trial.
The CTL will work with the clinical investigators and site staff to support patient enrollment and retention initiatives, identify,
mitigate and provide solutions to enrollment hurdles, disseminate product/trial information and training to sites as needed,
by providing the clinical study team with insights and information regarding site-specific feedback or recruiting best
practices, and representing company interests through appropriate consistent responses to study specific questions or
information needs (including issue or inquiry escalation to specific assigned clinical study team subject matter experts for
more detailed discussions or resolution as directed).
The successful candidate will be responsible for building, enhancing, and managing relationships with clinical trial
investigators and research staff to ensure full engagement throughout the course of the study. The focus will be to enhance
clinical trial execution and enrollment through building deep relationships with study investigators and research staff.
Responsibilities Summary of Responsibilities - Feasibility Support
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with Principal Investigators (PIs) and clinical trial sites to support the enrollment and conduct of clinical studies
- Works with internal Clinical Development and Clinical Operations leads and trial sites to understand and implement study protocols effectively; partners with sites to develop and implement effective local and regional subject recruitment strategies, facilitate escalation of investigator questions/concerns, recruitment/retention initiatives and clinical site & investigators meetings as it relates to recruitment strategies
- Identifies physicians currently managing patients with Agitation in Alzheimer’s Disease (AAD) and cultivates a network of experts in treatment of AAD at academic and community centers to identify new trial sites and/or drive patient referrals and rapid enrolment
- Delivers medical / scientific training to clinical study sites and provides input to key internal stakeholders on training materials for clinical trials, products in development, therapeutic areas, and disease state as outlined by the sponsor
Post Site Activation/Patient Recruitment Support
- Provides field insight to the study teams related to trends for the identification and recruitment of the patients
- Prepares and gives internal presentations on the status of enrollment and recruitment activities
- Follows up with site post initiation to ensure patient enrolment is run smoothly, identifies challenges, issues and barriers and reports back to SH & Avanir and works with study teams and sites to develop solutions
- Gathers and shares ‘Best Practices’ and tactics for rapid patient enrolment among trial sites
- May participate in site visits with investigators, site staff and CRAs in support of clinical trial execution
- As requested by sponsor, attends key medical, science and advocacy meetings to identify potential investigators and/or referring physicians
- Develops a network and heat maps of HCPs/hospitals involved in study specific diagnosis and management of patients
- Participates in the review of study related documents and plans, as applicable (i.e. recruitment plans)
- Communicates investigator/study coordinator inquiries requiring follow-up to designated contacts and collaborates with clinical teams prior to providing approved responses to site inquiries appropriately to ensure focused and balanced clinical and scientific information
- Adhere to regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies.
- Address administrative and reporting needs on a timely basis or as requested by management, including documenting of CTL activities into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) as required
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we take into consideration transferrable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
Interviews may be conducted in person at an on-site interview location. For any in person interviews, local Covid safety guidelines will be followed.
- Advanced degree in clinical specialty (PharmD, PhD, MD) with clinical experience
- 5+ years experience as an MSL/CTL or senior clinical development role
- 3+ years CNS (ideally Alzheimer) experience required
- 3+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry with knowledge of clinical research design and conduct.
- Existing solid relationships in AAD diagnostic and treatment centers with proven ability to develop relationships with referral physicians
- Experience in clinical research, patient recruitment, and investigator sponsored trials
- Strong oral and written communication skills, skilled at presenting scientific content
- Self-starter, highly accountable, and skilled problem solver
- Very good understanding of networking and patient enrolment strategies
- Passionate about making a meaningful difference for patients
- Ability to manage a geographically assigned territory from a homebased office. Will be responsible for large geography, requiring 75-80% travel
- Candidate will be a superb communicator of technical and scientific information (to small & large audiences) and possess excellent interpersonal skills & strong organization skills
- Should be fluent in 2 or more languages, including English • ICH/GCP guidelines and all applicable regulatory requirements
About Syneos Health Syneos Health® (Nasdaq:SYNH) is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, strategically blending clinical development, medical affairs and commercial capabilities to address modern market realities.
To learn more about how we are Shortening the distance from lab to life®, visit syneoshealth.com or subscribe to our podcast.