Can you reach people with just a few words?
You express all of your ideas effortlessly, and have the skills to distill other people's ideas into their best possible form. Your messaging is not only clear and concise, but your medical expertise allows you to convey high-level scientific knowledge in meaningful and comprehensible communications. Does this sound like you? A Medical Director role with Syneos Health may be the perfect place for you.
As the healthcare & technology landscape, and Medical Affairs leadership in Pharma evolves, this colleague is expected to help keep the Medical Affairs group apprised on healthcare & technology trends in the landscape. This may include consideration of key stakeholder engagement, special populations in COVID-19, healthcare practice changes, etc.
Reporting to the Sr Director Content & Education Lead, this colleague will lead the Landscape Excellence Medical Affairs team in planning and providing clear and actionable strategic insights about the evolving healthcare/digital landscape and implementing omnichannel strategies. The lead may also have additional asset level responsibilities for digital and omnichannel planning.
- Create and implement landscape excellence strategy and associated metrics.
- Manage Landscape Excellence Medical Affairs team by providing oversight and ensuring deliverables are complete, accurate and on time.
- Inform, develop, and Lead strategies to help medical affairs to continue to thrive and be most trusted medical affairs organization to improve patient outcomes in the evolving Healthcare & Technology & Medical Affairs Leadership Landscape, taking into consideration evolution in healthcare reform, technology, patient-centricity, professional organizations, organized customers, speed of data evolution, real world data trends, changing demographics, etc.
- Serves as medical affairs HQ point of contact liaising with cross functional teams around HC/Digital landscape experiences and omnichannel planning.
- Supports US Medical Affairs and Global Teams in the assessment and roll out of major strategic initiatives and omnichannel plans.
- Serves on cross-functional, cross divisional and cross business unit committees.
- Supports innovation strategies initiatives and development of new digital and social media medical affairs resources and tools for medical affairs HQ teams
- Advanced degree in healthcare related science (MD, PharmD, MSN, etc)
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience required, 5+ years Medical Affairs experience preferred.
- Anti-Virals or Vaccines experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated digital capabilities experience preferred
- Team Management experience required
- Highly motivated with demonstrated track record of high performance and producing outstanding results.
- Capable of comprehending and communicating in a clear, concise manner a large amount of scientific information.
- Significant, direct experience with matrix leadership and demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders and build internal and external relationships through partnering, anticipating needs, fulfilling expectations.
- Very strong strategic skills including creativity and effectiveness in proactively identifying and addressing challenges.
- Demonstrated leadership excellence, proven ability to motivate and lead people in a complex, changing environment.
- Well-organized with the ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, and effectively lead in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrates a strong patient-centric, customer focused approach with the utmost medical professionalism
Interviews may be conducted in person at an on-site interview location. For any in person interviews, local Covid safety guidelines will be followed.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, each day brings an opportunity to take ownership of a new challenge. Teaming with some of the most talented clinicians in the industry, you'll improve patient outcomes and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate improving patient outcomes?Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. Except in those locations where state or local law impacts this vaccination requirement, this position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition, sincerely-held religious belief, or other reasons recognized by applicable law. Submission and approval of an exemption request does not necessarily guarantee that an accommodation can be provided for any specific job.