The Implementation Manager has overall responsibility for the end-to-end management of the implementation process and key deliverables for clients. They develop and negotiate the implementation plan and monitor progress against timeline due dates. Will interact directly with clients, subcontractors and other internal or external business units as needed to design and develop implementation/communication/enrollment strategies. As a member of the R&D Advisory Group, an Implementation Manager is responsible for ensuring a superior client experience while developing the skills and supervising the work of consulting staff team members. This experienced professional exhibits decision quality, action orientation, communication savvy, and resourcefulness as the primary steward of technical system implementation projects.
Productivity – targets
- Builds positive working relationships with clients, consulting staff, managers, leadership, and internal support teams.
- Achieves billable utilization targets in service to client engagements.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to build skills, experiences, and relationships by contributing to project engagements, internal initiatives, and business development opportunities.
- Supports business development efforts by conducting background research, identifying key business questions, and developing slides for proposal decks. May participate in pitches to win new projects.
Delivery – tactical on behalf of the client
- Supports the overall cross-functional management of projects, at both the client organization, as well as internally at Syneos Health. Understands and contributes to the effective management of project scope, approach, budget, resource allocations, and timelines. Demonstrates strong project management skills through the proactive management of individual project responsibilities and workload to ensure objectives, milestones, and timelines are met efficiently and effectively. Must be able to quickly adapt to changing priorities to achieve goals and targets.
- Acts as the day-to-day point person for the development of client deliverables and management of the client relationship. Serves as a primary liaison with clients. Establishes a trusted advisor relationship with the client through personableness, trust, credibility, and reliability.
- Demonstrated proficiency in navigating the management consulting cycle of creating project deliverables, quality checking work, reviewing with project management/leadership, incorporating edits and feedback, and resubmitting work pieces for deliverable inclusion in a timely, efficient manner. Understands project roles and responsibilities and the impact on the broader client contract and statement of work. Exhibits exceptional attention to detail. Supports project management/leadership with the creation of project deliverables and the day-to-day management of client relationships.
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients/vendors to foster business development opportunities. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the project needs, objectives, and approach
- Demonstrated Project Management expertise related to system implementation, validation and testing. Ability to support the planning and execution of project engagements, participate in functional and cross-functional teams to meet project timelines, establish alignment with the client on the delivery of scope, timelines, status, and communication. Proactively identify project risk, issues, actions and escalates until resolution
- Ability to define organizational activities that are clearly established through a matrixed environment, design and develop processes, identify and document data dependencies between processes and work closely with stakeholders to understand current operational landscape and identify areas of optimization. Develop structure and framework to support process modeling
- Understands Change Management best practices. Can identify and manage organizational impacts that may arise during a project and/or program. Support program workstreams with stakeholder engagements methods, tools, techniques and templates. Determine appropriate change mitigations to ensure end-to-end business continuity. Liaise with other workstreams in order to define scope of training for program/project
- Demonstrated knowledge of System Implementation approaches. Understands the complexity of GxP related technology validation, supports the development and refinement of functional and non-functional requirements. Liaises between business and technical team to ensure the processes and requirements are fulfilled via technology
- Prepares for, attends, and facilitates client meetings and workshops. Takes primary responsibility for taking notes, writing up meeting minutes, summarizing next steps and action items, scheduling follow-up meetings, and communicating post-meeting, as appropriate. Serves as a content knowledge expert on data, findings, and recommendations outlined in meeting materials and client deliverables. Participates in fielding client questions and anticipating client questions and concerns. Demonstrates confidence and credibility through interpersonal skills and content knowledge.
- Creates high-quality deliverables quickly, effectively, and autonomously, in accordance with Consulting style guidelines and templates. Demonstrates a strategic and systematic decision-making approach to communicating data through text, graphics, images, and/or other communication choices. Contributes to the design and build of a compelling, structured, and logical storyboard with guidance and direction.
- Displays comfort and competence in creating and documenting project activities, including meeting minutes, status reports, and other client communications and project administration. Maintains document version control and style guidelines. Ensures proper document retention policies are followed. Supports project closure activities, including document redaction and archival.
- Approaches project ambiguity, client changes, delays/expedites, and/or unexpected data findings with maturity and professionalism. Maintains regular communication with project management and leadership. Partners effectively and expeditiously with project management and leadership to propose and agree on recommended next steps.
- Exhibits professional, positive, respectful, and mature interactions internally & externally. Displays passion and drive while advocating for a superior client experience through project delivery.
Community – good corporate citizen
- Actively participates in company-sponsored events, training and professional development opportunities, meetings, and office and Advisory Group initiatives.
- Drives a positive, collaborative, and professional team culture through words, attitude, and actions.
- Understands personal strengths and development needs. Seeks feedback and coaching. Sets annual professional development goals and engages in appropriate developmental stretch opportunities.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to expand knowledge, and begins developing subject matter expertise, within the biopharmaceutical industry, Consulting service offerings, and client products and markets. Deepens expertise in system implementation requirements, best practices, software, service offerings and/or functional areas
- Demonstrates Syneos Health core values in action and word: challenge the status quo, collaborate to deliver solutions, and passionate to change lives.
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we take into consideration transferrable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
- Bachelors or Master's degree (preferred) in life sciences or business
- Significant experience in consulting management in the life sciences, pharmaceutical/biotech consulting industry or equivalent industry role
- Experience working with one or more R&D operational roles (clinical operations, regulatory, safety or similar discipline) either in industry or consulting
- Engagement management experience required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation and business development skills
- GxP System Implementation and Validation experienced required
- Demonstrated experience supporting implementations of cloud-based enterprise software such as Veeva Vault, Oracle, Medidata or OpenText
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic