At Orphalan we identify, develop, and provide access to innovative treatments for patients with rare diseases to make a positive and meaningful difference in their lives. We work together by listening to patients and putting them first, enabling us to provide treatments and services that work for them.
We strive to develop rare disease treatments to improve the life of patients who can often feel neglected. We believe that patients across the world who are suffering with rare diseases should have access to innovative treatment that improves their care and positively impacts their lives and those of their loved ones.
We foster a culture of excellence, collaboration, equality and diversity, offering a comprehensive benefits and lifestyle package. We are driven by our collaboration and commitment to make an impact on patients living with rare diseases. Our dynamic team of experts are quick in solving any challenge that may arise and work proactively to offer services and solutions for the patients who need them.
As part of our mission to develop and commercialize life changing therapeutics, Orphalan is building a Commercial team in the United States in preparation of the launch of FDA-approved Cuvrior™. This is an exciting opportunity to join and help build our United States team, as one of the first hires on this journey.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.orphalan.com.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to staff and management. Manages time, information, and communications reliably and professionally using sound judgment. Balances conflicting priority duties. Maintains excellent working relationships with employees and leadership at all levels.
- Manages calendar for department director and managers.
- Prepares and organizes reports, letters, presentations and other documents.
- Maintains policies and procedures for department, including tracking those due for review, incorporating edits, obtaining signatures for company-wide policies, etc.
- Manages internal processes, operations and communications and takes responsibility to ensure that we meet deadlines and milestones
- Makes recommendations to improve internal processes and operations, and contributes to effective prioritization of work tasks
- Arranges travel for department employees attending national meetings and coordinates lodging and logistics for international travelers.
- Coordinates staff meetings and special events (e.g., birthday celebrations).
- Greet and assist visitors both employees and outside clients
- Maintain confidential department records and files
- Maintains regular contact with suppliers and vendors
- Email and spoken correspondence to internal and external clients; maintains professional standards and takes responsibility to deliver messages, answer questions, and resolve open items.
- Prepares, facilitates, and/or coordinates various department documents (e.g., copies, business cards, presentations, check requests, reimbursement vouchers, department signs, etc.).
- Answers telephone coming in to general administration, ascertains needs, directs calls, establishes priorities, may resolve matter on own authority. Recognizes or anticipates problems and refers them immediately to the right person for resolution.
- Assists with payroll.
- Maintains departmental records and confidential information such as budget, payroll, and personnel data.
- Order office equipment and cell phones for existing employees
- Provides functional guidance to new employees regarding operations.
- Purchase supplies for the department and computer paraphernalia as needed for group.
- Significant administrative experience within Biotech/Pharma – 6-8 years for Admin Assistant level and 8-12 years for Coordinator level.
- Bachelors Degree preferred, High school graduate or General Equivalency Diploma required.
- Specialized training including course work in correspondence typing, medical terminology, and general business procedures.
- Proficient typing skills are required in order to prepare a variety of materials, some, such as grant proposals and manuscripts, requiring a precise format
- Ability to perform analysis of numerical data involving the use of mathematical formulas as well as routine tabulation.
- Strong communicator in both written and spoken forms
- Self-starter who thinks creatively and looks for ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness; positive attitude toward work responsibilities and relationships
- Able to build positive professional and personal work relationships with staff at all levels of the company and with external collaborators (physician customers, insurance companies, government officials, etc.)