You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
As the Director, Deployment & Execution Excellence, you will serve a critical role within the Syneos Health Deployment Solutions organization in leading the training for field teams. You will partner with both internal & external stakeholders, including Sales, Commercial Operations, Market Access, and Medical Affairs. The role is primarily responsible for the successful development, delivery, execution, management and measurement of our Deployment Solutions field training activities. This role is expected to assess, comprehend, and communicate the needs of our client relative to disease state, marketplace, and product-specific materials and must possess effective facilitation and communication skills. As a partner to sales management, should also be, highly competent on aspects of sales leadership and application of selling skills in complex customer environments, including backfill training curricula and facilitation.
- Supports Field and Field Management Team by leading efforts around new team set-up, backfill training, and other ad hoc training needs including national sales meetings, POA meetings, manager meetings, and other training interventions
- Ensures consistent approach to onboarding, communication, training and post-training measurement of all Field Teams
- Works with Field Management Team to provide coaching on managerial effectiveness and other topics
- Interface with Client Training, Marketing and Managed Markets teams to help identify, build and deliver relevant training to Syneos Health Field Teams
- Develops, maintains and enforces processes and procedures that ensure consistent practices across the Deployment & Execution Excellence team
- Conducts ongoing training needs analyses specific to Syneos Health Field Teams
- Ensures there is a workable Training Plan to determine the goals, strategies, and tactics to be implemented to achieve client satisfaction within a given timeline
- Develops training concepts and associated objectives, descriptions, and sequencing for all training efforts
- Works with Field Leadership and Field Management to determine specific metrics and measurements to assess the success of training activities
- Identifies opportunities for skill development and reinforcement, leveraging already existing Syneos or client-provided content or supporting the creation of new content
- Oversees content for all forms of training delivery & works with the content developer/vendor, if applicable
- Nurtures the training concepts throughout their evolution to ensure alignment with the strategic intent of the overall brand objectives
- Oversees live training logistical and preparation support, including scheduling assistance, printing guides, and facilities requirements
- If needed, conducts leader or facilitator training for all developed content and provides support for delivery as requested
- Oversees implementation of or delivers/facilitates training programs as needed including new-hire backfill training, advanced training, NSMs, and POAs virtual training
- Manages classroom environment (virtual or live), in a manner that allows representatives to meet learning objectives
- Provides coaching to representatives/managers during training classes
- Evaluates the competency levels of training class participants and provides timely evaluations and feedback
- Ensure survey assessments are sent and analyzed with each training session, sharing pertinent feedback both internally and with the client, as necessary
- Works with sales management to formulate sustainability assessment & training plans
Additional Job Functions:
- Lead all training managers and the of delivery of training for Deployment Solutions Field Teams
- Support Deployment Solutions contracts, relative to field training requirements including new hire and continuous training efforts, such as backfill training and ongoing skill development/reinforcement
- Responsible for helping with NBD onboarding activities and coordination support
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we take into consideration transferrable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
Required: 4-year college degree
Preferred: MBA or masters in instructional design
Required: Pharma/Bio-pharma training experience, high-level PowerPoint skills, people management experience
Preferred: Pharma sales and sales management experience; Background in consulting, instructional design
Minimum Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree with at least 10+ years of experience in the healthcare industry in training, sales &/or commercial operations
- Pharmaceutical/biopharma training experience will be viewed as a plus
- Healthcare product sales and / or devices sales experience will be viewed as a plus
- Graduate or terminal degree will be viewed as a plus
–Strong interpersonal skills and very strong platform skills
–Ability to develop and execute strategic training and development plans
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
–Ability to perform in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
–Ability to lead a team with multiple projects and priorities
– Travel = 20-30%
- Background in specific specialty & TAs
- Expertise in Key Account Management
- Expertise in Leadership Development
- Hospital Key Account Management Training Experience
- Flexible Location (Virtual)
Interviews may be conducted in person at an on-site interview location. For any in person interviews, local Covid safety guidelines will be followed.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re essential in solving and executing against today’s toughest commercialization challenges facing the world’s leading healthcare companies. From the very beginning, you’ll be supported by team members who, like you, aren’t afraid to try something new. You'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. Except in those locations where state or local law impacts this vaccination requirement, this position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition, sincerely-held religious belief, or other reasons recognized by applicable law. Submission and approval of an exemption request does not necessarily guarantee that an accommodation can be provided for any specific job.