You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developedand commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
This opportunity is with Syneos Health Consulting, an industry-leading consulting firm specializing in the biopharmaceutical industry providing services across a comprehensive range of key Practice Areas including commercial strategy and planning, medical affairs, risk and program management and pricing and market access. You’ll join a team with industry focus, depth of functional expertise, and strong scientific and market knowledge that is uniquely positioned to tackle highly complex business and market challenges to develop achievable strategies for our clients.
We are currently recruiting for an Engagement Manager to join our team in our Somerset, NJ office. In this role, the Engagement Manager will work in our Commercial Innovation and Solutions practice area working with our major clients in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for structuring and managing an entire project(s) that meets or exceeds a managed Book of Business of at least $1 million. The ideal candidate will contribute thought leadership to the IP of the organization.
Additional responsibilities of the Engagement Manager include:
- Maintains utilization at or above target
- Manages / leads a book of business
- Builds strong relationships with MDs and Clients
- Supports the BD process
- Secures follow-on opportunities
- Works with the team to create high-quality deliverables from start to finish and advises the team on production and delivery best practices through hands-on guidance
- Quality checks all deliverables produced for the client
- Takes steps to ensure project deliverables are completed within budget
- Delivers on-time and communicates proactively when timing is at risk
- Demonstrates superior technical skill according to demands of the practice area in general, i.e., are relevant and in high demand from the full mix of clients
- Provides strategic influence on project teams, with clients, and to Practice Area leadership
- Provides constructive verbal and written feedback to consulting staff team members on project deliverables and client/team interactions
- Begins taking responsibility for career advising to consulting staff team members as a Development Coach – gathers project performance reviews, conducts annual reviews, and contributes meaningful feedback to promotion calibration sessions
- Professional, positive, respectful, and mature interactions internally & externally
- E-mail, project documents, face-to-face, presentations
- Passion and drive
- Leads professional, positive, and mature interactions with clients
- Ensures client satisfaction through project delivery & experience w/ other team members
- Proactively escalates problems as they emerge to project leaders
- Demonstrates contributions to community & Syneos Health
- Participates in Practice Area and firm initiatives
- Contributes above and beyond project work when asked (e.g., sales pitches)
- Ensures healthy collaborative dynamics through project delivery
- Demonstrates ability to participate in the BD process through writing and pricing full proposals and actively participating in the pitch and negotiation process
- Understands strengths & development needs – seeks feedback & coaching
- Identifies and engages in appropriate developmental stretch opportunities
- Participates in training opportunities (e.g., office, inFuse, Practice Area, Industry)
- Continues to deepen expertise in particular therapeutic areas, service offerings, and/or functional areas
- Proactively seeks growth opportunities for members of the project team
- Demonstrates core values in action and word: client focus, passion and drive, teamwork and collaboration, respect, integrity and trust, and professional growth
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
Full Syneos Health Consulting benefits which include:
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical – Cigna; Dental – Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Position can sit in either Somerset, NJ or NYC.
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)