Manages intake of incoming job requests and consults with Account and Creative teams to prioritize projects and manage deadlines. Ensure compliance of the overall process is within agency workflow guidelines.
The Freelance Traffic Manager is responsible for facilitating internal workflow and managing incoming projects, and will work closely with Creative, Production, and Account Services to balance workloads, assign resources and manage timelines appropriately. Processes action requests – monitors daily project status and manages project information in workflow system.
- Manages workflow/schedules of all incoming and existing projects while keeping all parties informed of status, conflicts, and delays
- Communicates project status, project priorities, and due dates to project teams through Traffic Status Meetings, daily to-do lists, or other methods of communication
- Consistently monitor schedules and confirm deliverables are being met to keep jobs on track
- Ensures incoming Action Requests contain all necessary information needed to distribute request to team members to begin the work
- Accurate record keeping of all project communication
- Makes sure creative team and all project stakeholders are informed of job status through required paperwork, status meeting and daily follow up
- Expedite and prioritize rush projects accordingly
- Ensures internal approvals happen prior to client submission
- Effectively communicate with design team. Must understand technical aspects of design, pre-press and production in order to efficiently translate needs and timing to creative
- Safeguards creative materials/assets by following the required approval processes within the organization
- Enters and manages all jobs through workflow management system.
- Conduct “lessons learned” meetings on projects to improve efficiencies
- Helps to ensure that all resources are fully utilized and may require direction for resources to work across teams
- Proactively provides cross team samples to associates in search of specific similar projects
- Quality control “police” – partners with Account Services and Production to prevent the release of materials that may comprise quality
- Ensures time sensitivity and accuracy in routing of projects to necessary team members and monitors signatures via E-routes
- Focus is meeting internal and external deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of previous traffic experience and preferably in a high-volume corporate or advertising agency environment.
- Pharmaceutical experience a plus, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with job tracking software