Overview The SVP will be responsible for retaining and growing multiple accounts and brand relationships, maximizing marketing potential for clients and agency profitability.
Client Retention & Growth
- Deeply understands clients’ culture, needs, opportunities so as to add maximum value
- Forms and maintains senior-level client relationships
- Impacts day-to-day agency work so as to maximize value
- Identifies organic and inorganic growth opportunities within current and connected client relationships
- Engages executive management with critical client concerns and opportunities
- Facilitates agency performance evaluation, development plans, and MBO plans; holds frequent development discussions to optimize client relationships
- Attends key client meetings, market research, and thought-leadership meetings providing senior, strategic points of view.
- Sets high standards of service, work product, value-add
- Develops reporting personnel so they are prepared and equipped to move up to the next level of client management (addressing any performance issues).
- Direct report personnel management
- Fulfills management duties as a senior member of the management team
- Leads clients in identifying and understanding brand barriers and strategic vision in collaboration with strategy and creative leads; challenges strategies and directions not aligned with the brand objectives.
- Leads clients to provide an environment for ultimate agency strategic and creative communication value
- Strategic planning and consultation with senior-level clients
- Identifies and manages integrated inVentiv services opportunities for the client.
- Partners with creative, strategic and operational leadership team for maximum client and agency value
- Oversees relationships with other marketing partners of clients, as required.
- Addresses conflict and celebrate success; sets clear team priorities, explains brand objectives and strategies.
- Defines success in terms of the whole team; pushes tasks down to empower others; shares ownership and visibility.
- Manages a book of business, optimizing individual accounts and business as an aggregate
- Financial reporting and staffing
- Manages profitability and conducts fee negotiations.
- Manages gross income, maximizes profitability, and staff.
- Cultivation of new business opportunities
- inVentiv cross-selling, new business development, and revenue growth—for both new and existing clients.
- Obtains new business from existing and prospective accounts.
- Stays current with industry news and competitive environment to continually expand knowledge.
- Participates and leads new business opportunities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 12+ years’ relevant client and/or agency experience in marketing or other related disciplines, with 5 years in a senior management position; experience in managing and developing direct reports; proven track record and completed significant work as a VP or equivalent.
- Performed at a director-level position or above in previous position.
- Must be able to travel up to 60 percent of the time.
- Experience working on any and all of the following: pharmaceutical brand launch; professional marketing (e.g. direct-to-physician, managed care/healthcare plans, devices, pharmacies, etc.); and consumer marketing (e.g. direct-to-patient, relationship marketing, consumer).
- Effectiveness with top management: Can deal comfortably with senior executives; understands how top executives think and process; can determine the best way to get things done with executives by talking their language and responding to their needs.
- Negotiation skills: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly; has a good sense of timing.
- Strategic acumen: Brings forth strategic problem solving across business needs
- Business development experience and demonstrated success; comprehensive knowledge of Syneos solutions and application to all aspects of pharmaceutical marketing, research, and sales.