OverviewThe Account Supervisor plays a very pivotal role within the agency. This role is a primary link between strategy and execution. The Account Supervisor has to understand the strategy for the client’s brand and drive opportunities to refine the strategy as well as being able to activate the GSW team to deliver deliverables flawlessly. This role interacts with client team(s) and often acts as a ‘hub’ for the GSW connecting to Creative, Digital and Creative Service teams as well as overseeing a team within Client Management.
At GSW, “we speak people” and do so by embracing 4 specific behaviors, Mosh, Flex, Rise and Own. Below are some key responsibilities that the Account Supervisor should possess:
• Client Management: Ensure that clear objectives are set for each project; helps to set client and team expectations on delivery. Lays out work in a well-planned and organized execution plan.
• Team Management: Sets clear goals and revises appropriately. Provides coaching and support to team and maintains two-way dialog with others on work and results. A team player on all fronts.
• Build/foster relationships with clients and colleagues, provide value as a consultant on objectives and needs
• Leads a cross-functional team that can deliver high impact solutions on strategy, on budget and on time
• Knowledge of purpose and creation of digital tactics (banners, websites, apps, etc.)
• Supervise and mentor junior staff by motivating, coaching and consistently providing feedback
• Commit to continuous learning by setting and pursuing career goals
• Manage/oversee multiple projects from conception to successful completion (either their work or the work done by their AE/SAE team. This means knowing both GSW and client processes and coaching.
• Manage the budgetary needs of the client and the overall designated scope of services
• Owns communicating up to inform GSW leadership of activity/issues on the account
• Consistently produce timely, high quality internal and external communication
RISE and FLEX:
• Perform well under pressure, and is adaptable to constant change
• Time/Task/Organizational Management
• Effectively executes more than one task at a time; can switch back and forth between activities of varying complexity, high attention to detail
• Proven ability to manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously
• Strong writing/editing skills
• Able to act on (identify and suggest) organic growth opportunities
• Develops comprehensive project briefs
• Proactively anticipate and manage challenges related to budget and timing
• Possesses the maturity to avoid conflict but able to rationally address issues driving conflict
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus:
• 3+ years relevant client experience in marketing or healthcare or other related disciplines or,
• 3+ years relevant agency side experience or,
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Experience with Adobe Profession preferred