You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
This opportunity is with Syneos Health Consulting, an industry-leading consulting firm specializing in the biopharmaceutical industry providing services across a comprehensive range of key Practice Areas including commercial strategy and planning, medical affairs, risk and program management and pricing and market access. You’ll join a team with industry focus, depth of functional expertise, and strong scientific and market knowledge that is uniquely positioned to tackle highly complex business and market challenges to develop achievable strategies for our clients. The Program Finance Specialist is responsible for program accounting activities including providing timely and accurate reporting, analysis, and assistance to project teams. More specifically:
- Ensure timely production of weekly management reports, utilizing technology that ensures scalability, accuracy, and reliability of reported information.
- Add new reports or enhance current reports to satisfy changing information needs.
- Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
Financial Support for PMO Projects
- Review monthly fee invoices before being distributed to clients.
- Prepare monthly financial reports; assist team with forecasting and budgeting questions related to finance reports.
- Attend monthly finance meetings and ad hoc PMO meetings as needed.
- Provide support and answer questions to project team and PMO clients as it relates to the PMO finances.
- Process accounts payable on a monthly basis for assigned programs.
- Maintain complete and organized files.
- Identify ways to improve filing and record retention processes.
- Prepare analysis and reports for Project Management and track write-offs, non-billable project expenses, and subcontractor and other revenue.
- Assist the Controller as needed in the administration of the disbursement function and other priorities.
- Understand issues being discussed, be articulate, and listen well when dealing with customers and internal management.
- Other assigned duties as needed.
- Support team in completing departmental initiatives and goals.
- Participate in periodic evaluation of internal controls.
- Provide input into ongoing modification of documents related to Accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist Associate Finance Manager, Controller, and CFO with special projects.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 2 to 3 years related experience
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Proficient Excel skills; Great Plains experience a plus; comfortable picking up new systems and programs;
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborative team player
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact and work with all levels of the organization in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Full Syneos Health Consulting benefits which include:
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical – Cigna; Dental – Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)