OverviewYou provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
There's one thing you do that's exceptional: lead. You formulate a plan and empower your team to provide clinical expertise to health care providers helping them to improve patient outcomes. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate clinicians, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for a Senior Vice President of Field Medical role with Syneos Health. Syneos Health
is the premier provider of outsourced consulting, clinical development, and commercialization services to the biopharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our client roster consists of more than 350 leading pharmaceutical, biotech, life sciences and healthcare payer companies. Over the past decade, Syneos Health has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best candidates, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, Syneos Health provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
Why Syneos Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 21,000 employees worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 100 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You'll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 84% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA. Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. Our accomplished team consists of 291 MDs, 486 PhDs, Pharma Voice 100 Recipients, HBA Rising Stars and Luminaries, and PM 360 Elite Award Winners.Responsibilities
The Vice President of Medical Affairs (VPMA) has primary accountability to meet or exceed business goals for all assigned MSL teams. She or he will direct and manage all MSL personnel across multiple client accounts . The VPMA will ensure that by managing our MSLs, our clients' expectations and goals are identified, measureable, time-bound, and attainable. The VPMA will identify, develop, and implement actions to achieve operational excellence and cost efficiency and will cultivate long-term relationships with other Syneos Healthsenior management across Syneos Health Consulting, Clinical, and Commercial business segments. The VPMA will be a trusted partner in providing strategic insight and medical knowledge in support of proposal responses and awarded projects, and will also play an integral role in organizing and directing the activities of Medical Science Liaison teams. Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but are not limited to all or some of the following)
- Develop and grow the Medical Affairs MSL practice that is "best in class" and the leading supplier of contracted MSLs within the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
- Builds and leads high-performance teams by establishing clear performance standards, hiring and retaining the best talent and structuring development strategies.
- Identifies the core competencies required to develop and influence relationships based on scientific interchange and to develop the organization staff and future leaders.
- Act as the main client contact between the client and MSLs and be responsible for all business related to the client's MSL team
- Teach others how to meet or exceed project contractual performance goals under their direction.
- Provide MSLs with the coaching and counseling that will result in exceptional performance.
- Guides, develops and implements strategic MSL team objectives, plans and budgets per team; guides the successful execution of Medical strategies and plans in the Field.
RequirementsAlong with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- Work strategically with internal department heads and other Syneos Health divisions to provide integrated and convergent solutions to customers where applicable.
- Provide frequent, on-going performance feedback to all direct reports.
Make your work matter everywhere.
- Terminal degree (PharmD, MD, PhD) preferred
- Minimum 8 years leadership and MSL or Nurse Educator team management experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Superior presentation and listening skills and commitment to instilling standards of excellence at every level in the Medical Affairs organization
- Strength in clinical, business, and emotional intelligence as well as information systems and technology
- Ability to lead teams, programs and discussions for business opportunities
- Ability to articulate the value proposition to existing and potential customers
- Ability to create credibility with customers that leads to business growth
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to adapt to changing internal and external environments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
More than 50%Minimum Education Level