OverviewYou're a nurse, a patient advocate and an educator-and you excel at every one of them.
If there's one thing your years of clinical training and patient education have taught you, it's how to manage priorities, and move seamlessly from one challenge to the next. You get people to listen to your wise advice, and to overcome their fears of new and existing medical therapies by instilling confidence and sharing expertise while displaying passion. It's time to turn those diverse talents to an exciting new field, and become an integral part of the Clinical Education team with Syneos Health
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. We offer Clinical Nurse Educators, On-call/Nurse Specialists, Medical Liaisons, Medical Affairs support and other MedEd teams. Responsibilities
In this role, you'll provide clinical expertise to patients through utilization of your clinical nursing skills and education, helping them to improve patient outcomes. In this role, you'll work directlyunder moderate supervisionand beresponsible for providing inbound and outbound customer (patient) support in a pharmaceutical environment. Duties include but are not limited to: answering numerous inbound phone lines, multi-tasking, email communication, outbound follow-up calls with patients, trouble shooting and problem solving with clinical issues that may arise with MS patients. Responsible for training of patients remotely either by phone or webcam according to patients' needs. Follow-up to ensure patients are utilizing the drug and device correctly. Troubleshoot issue and coach patients as necessary. Must be flexible and sensitive to patient's needs. This shift is 11:30AM-8:00 PM Eastern Time. Additional Responsibilities:
Answers incoming calls in professional manner following client guidelines and business rules
- Perform outgoing calls in professional manner following client guidelines and business rules to ensure patients are following their therapy path. Identify any areas that are potentially troublesome and follow up with the patient to ensure that issue is resolved.
- Manages calls in a personal, systematic and organized manner
- Schedule new patient trainings based on MD request, and patient's needs in a timely manner
- Responds to patient inquiries and provides education or information to help regarding training issues
- Identify and escalate priority issues to assigned manager
- Work with internal client regulatory and medical affairs and tele-solutions nurse supervisor to efficiently and effectively resolve customer needs
- Display exemplary phone etiquette following approved call talking points
- Focus and provide exemplary customer service
- Works collaboratively withthe company'sstaff and vendor partners across service lines to ensure patient is ready for training and has what they need so that training can be scheduled
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity towards patient situation/family rights
- Complies with departmental standards regarding training, professional development, communication, management of workload, and safety/emergency situations
- Follow up phone call to physician notifying them training has been completed (if within business rules) or other providers (such as specialty pharmacy)
- Completes all necessary compliance training in specified timeframe
- Understands and utilizes CISCO phone system and records appropriate information in the SalesForce.com database in accordance with customer business rules and training
Along with your energy and versatility, you must possess:
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- RN or BSN
- 2+ years in customer service field/or a combination of education and patient care experience in a chronic condition
- Experience in chronic care a plus such as MS, rheumatology, immunology, etc.
- Experience with injectable therapies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening, organizational, and follow-up skills
- Ability to multitask, take direction, and maintain prioritization
- Must have clinical knowledge and willingness to become certified in MS
- Must be empathetic and compassionate
- Proficiency in MS Word, Power-point & Excel with an emphasis on creation, design & maintenance of spreadsheets
- Comfortable using technology such as webcam, medical devices, and apps (and willing to learn) medical call center experience preferred
- Familiar with unified contact center express telecommunication system is a plus
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance. Make your work matter everywhere.
Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled) Position Type/Category
ClinicalMinimum Education Level
Assoc. DegreeEmployment/Job Type
Full TimeEmployment Type
Syneos Health position