OverviewResearched and relatable, science-driven and social, you're an extroverted expert.
If there's one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it's how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new Scientific relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders and healthcare providers (HCPs) comes naturally to you. Do you haver Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic and ambiguous environment with a high degree of adaptability If so, you've got what it takes to be a Medical Science Liaison with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. Our accomplished team consists of 291 MDs, 486 PhDs, Pharma Voice 100 Recipients, HBA Rising Stars and Luminaries, and PM 360 Elite Award Winners.Responsibilities
As a Medical Science Liaison you will have an opportunity to be part of a launch where you will be responsible for engaging with specified KOLs/External Clinical and Scientific Experts, institutions, and organizations in your territory. This will be done through appropriate high-level scientific support for research activities, publications, education, consulting, and other Medical Affairs initiatives. You will ensure effective communication across multifunctional teams in carrying out Medical Affairs tactics.
- Execute field medical pre and post launch activities for flu compound
- Participate in scientific exchange and engagement with the medical community, stakeholders and Therapeutic Area Experts in infectious disease/vaccine/flu space
- Provide medical/scientific presentations to internal & external audience
- Bring relevant and timely scientific insights from the medical community that help shape and reshape medical strategy and field tactics
- Actively plan and support medical meeting coverage and post meeting deliverables. This includes scientific symposia coverage, Thought leader meetings, booth coverage where appropriate. Represent the Medical Affairs (MA) organization in the Influenza/flu medical space
- Facilitate TAE interactions with medical team and US Medical Affairs/Flu team leadership
- Successfully execute all field medical activities with positive impact on internal and external stakeholders (such as disease education, profiling, advice seeking etc.)
- Adhere to corporate compliance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for information on our products and pipeline in appropriate database
- Stay informed and abreast of the external landscape as it relates to assigned drugs and/or indications and the associated therapeutic area(s)
- Actively contribute in territory launch planning activities and providing insights
Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- Advanced science/clinical degree (e.g. MSN, PharmD, DO, PhD) with relevant clinical or therapeutic experience (preferred) or Bachelor level degree from an accredited institution in health sciences with relevant clinical or therapeutic area experience
- Minimum of one year experience within industry, preferred experience as a MSL, within the broader therapeutic area with primary emphasis on field-based scientific exchange
- Knowledge of US healthcare systems and clinical patient care
- Ability to interpret scientific data, understand the potential impact of the data on clinical approaches and research needs, and communicate scientific data to broad audiences.
- Ability to travel 60%
- The ability to travel and possess a valid driver's license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified
Full Syneos Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation, bonuses and car allowance
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled) Years Exp
Medical Science Liaison
More than 50%Minimum Education Level