OverviewYou're driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn't cut it - you've got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you're known for your good nature. You'll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life. Responsibilities
This opportunity is with our Selling Solutions team, which partners with top tier pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies to provide better, smarter, faster solutions for the industry. Take part in leading the transformation of healthcare by joining the largest provider of outsourced commercial solutions to the healthcare industry.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team, with a minimum of three years experience handling complex analysis. This individual must have a strong knowledge of the general ledger and its relationship with the various sub ledgers.
Key job responsibiliites include:
RequirementsAlong with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:Education:
- Review of monthly client specific P&Ls and preparation of necessary journal entries and accruals, including, but not limited to:
- analysis of wages, bonus, and other compensation related earnings
- analysis of chargeback items, including travel and other miscellaneous expenses, including review and correction of variances
- analysis of postings from various modules, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and Concur expense management to determine accuracy
- analysis of actual results against forecast
Review and monthly update of assigned Balance Sheet accounts
- Review and posting of monthly prepaid activity
- Upload of monthly forecast and accrual files
- Fleet analysis and posting
- Posting of biweekly payroll journals
- Other projects as needed
Skills and experience:
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong experience with month end close processes and financial statement review
- Strong experience with computerized financial systems (PeopleSoft/Oracle a strong plus)
- Strong Excel knowledge (including Vlookup/pivots)
Make your work matter everywhere.
- Must be a self-starter, analytical, and deadline oriented
- Must be willing to work overtime, especially during month end close periods
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled) Position Type/Category
Corporate DirectMinimum Education Level
Bachelor's DegreeEmployment/Job Type
Full TimeEmployment Type
Syneos Health position