Building brands for specialized markets is our focus here at The Navicor Group. And in the complex world of oncology and immunology, this is no small feat. Making a difference in these areas requires more than a passing interest. It takes commitment. It takes a depth of understanding. It takes a specialist. In fact, it takes a team of specialists dedicated to oncology and passionate about turning patients into survivors. This is exactly what you'll find at The Navicor Group. Broadcast Company Name
Navicor Position Title
Medical Writer Division
Advertising Business Unit
Navicor Position Category
Scientific/Medical Position Type
Full Time Years of Experience
The Medical Specialist is a key component of each brand team, discovering and distilling medical information and data relevant to assigned products and therapeutic categories. The Medical Specialist also supports the brand copy team in developing compelling messages and promotional materials. As such, the Medical Specialist is the agency expert in assigned categories and serves as a client consultant in interpreting medical data, determining threats, and developing opportunities for assigned products. Description of Duties
• Acts as agency expert on assigned products and in therapeutic categories.
o Demonstrates a sound knowledge of assigned products and therapeutic categories as well as pharmaceutical marketing restrictions/requirements.
• Builds a scientific story that best supports a brand strategy.
o Identifies, in a sea of information, facts that support the brand strategy and/or provide other marketing opportunities.
o Identifies important data points and weaves these into a story that is consistent with product positioning and can command physician interest and increase on-label product utilization.
• Provides guidance for development of compelling graphics, figures, and other visual elements based on original data and/or review articles.
• Shares the writing responsibilities with the Copywriter, focusing primarily on the development of content for clinical tactics.
• Checks all promotional materials for medical accuracy and compliance with applicable regulations.
• Consults with the client/brand managers to help them interpret clinical data.
o Participates in client strategic meetings, war games, market research, and work plan development.
• Demonstrates mastery of manuscript submission process, including referencing and regulatory details of assigned products. (May vary from account to account.)
• Continuously mines medical resources and data for information that might be a threat or become an opportunity for assigned products.
o Is proficient in the use of Medline and is familiar with other online resources such as MD Consult or OncologySTATs well as, prescribing information and medical guidelines.
o Attends medical conventions; gathers and summarizes relevant information pertaining to assigned products and categories. Minimum Requirements
• PhD degree with coursework emphasis in a science.
• Without PhD degree, 10+ years of professional scientific writing experience.
• Pharmaceutical advertising experience a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to produce a variety of clinical and promotional materials.
• Oncology and/or autoimmune disease experience preferred.
• Research focus with an acute attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to distill complex data into comprehensible messages. Key Competencies
• Solid understanding of the science and market dynamics of assigned brands.
• Thorough understanding of editing and regulatory processes and requirements.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Efficiency in handling multiple assignments at one time.
• Exceptional computer skills. Knowledge of PC operating platform a must. Knowledge of Macintosh a plus. Thorough knowledge of the following software applications is required: Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat. Date Added
5/10/2018 EEO Statement
Syneos Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected status. If you require accommodation due to a disability in order to complete the application process, please contact our EEO Administrator at 781-425-4600 or by email at CorporateHumanResources@syneoshealth.com City
Ohio [OH] Zip