OverviewResearched and relatable, science-driven and social, you're an extroverted expert.
If there's one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it's how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders comes naturally to you and you like being around people. Poised and articulate, you are a listener, an educator and a gifted cultivator of new and exciting opportunities grounded in the science. You've got what it takes to be a Medical Science Liaison with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. Our accomplished team consists of 291 MDs, 486 PhDs, Pharma Voice 100 Recipients, HBA Rising Stars and Luminaries, and PM 360 Elite Award Winners.Responsibilities
You will be responsible for engaging with specified KOLs, institutions, and organizations in your territory through appropriate high-level scientific support for research activities, publications, education, consulting, and other Medical Affairs initiatives. You will develop and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with KOLs, and will be the primary conduit for Medical Affairs communications and interactions for their assigned institutions and organizations. You will ensure effective communication across multifunctional teams in carrying out Medical Affairs tactics. You will
RequirementsAlong with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
Identify, develop, and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with specified national, regional, and local KOLs and assigned institutions provide scientific support for existing products and pipeline agents upon request or in fulfillment of an approved Medical Affairs initiative.
- Provide support to commercial colleagues/market access in the form of clinical presentations to payers for formulary consideration
- Provide support for the involvement of KOLs in advisory, educational, and research partnership opportunities with the client
- Serve as a disease state resource to
- KOLs, academic institutions, and community practices, advocacy groups, and others as directed by the client
- Assist with implementation and engagement of KOL participation in advisory boards, consultant meetings, and other scientific meetings consistent with all of the client's policies, procedures, and processes.
- Attend assigned scientific congresses for the purposes of gaining insights, supporting disease state information communication
- Deliver medical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups
Make your work matter everywhere.
2+years of MSL experience Understanding of FDA regulations, OIG guidelines and Code of Conduct requirements particularly relevant to the MSL function.
- Advanced terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) in a related discipline in Obstetrics/Gynecology, Gyn Infectious Diseases) strongly preferred. In lieu of a terminal degree, an NP/PA with extensive women's health experience will be considered.
- Women's health and demonstrated knowledge of the women's health environment preferred
- Strong knowledge of the pharma/biotech industry, including experience with presentations to Managed Market Payers
- Ability to travel: 60%-70%
Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled) Years Exp
Medical Science Liaison
About 50%Minimum Education Level
Syneos Health position