OverviewYou're a nurse, a patient advocate and an educator-and you excel at every one of them.
If there's one thing your years of clinical training and patient education have taught you, it's how to manage priorities, and move seamlessly from one challenge to the next. You get people to listen to your wise advice, and to overcome their fears of new and existing medical therapies by instilling confidence and sharing expertise while displaying passion. It's time to turn those diverse talents to an exciting new field, and become an integral part of the Clinical Education team with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. We offer Clinical Nurse Educators, On-call/Nurse Specialists, Medical Liaisons, Medical Affairs support and other MedEd teams.Responsibilities
In this flexible role, you will provide clinical expertise to patients through utilization of your clinical nursing skills and education,as well asimprove patient outcomes. You will provide direct in-home education and support for patients with Crohn's Disease. More specifically
Conduct the training at least 5 days prior to sub-q injection convenience of the patient
- Provide post-prescription education and demonstration to patients and caregivers on the proper use of medication for Crohn's and disease state education and other messaging as approved by the client
- Conduct post training follow-up call to patients if necessary
- Work on an "as needed" basis
- Conducts training at least 5 days prior to patient's first scheduled Sub Q injection. Training to be done at the convenience of the patient whenever possible. Perform all activities in a manner which demonstrates a command of customer service principles and adult learning styles
- Maintain product and technical knowledge in areas appropriate to the products represented and for uses consistent with product labeling
- Attend and successfully pass assigned training programs
- Provide field written reports, documentation and written feedback in a timely and comprehensive manner
Along with your energy and versatility, you must possess
An active Registered Nurse licensure and be licensed in the state in which the training occurs
- cannot have had a license revoked in any state)
- 2+ years of clinical experience
- Strong consideration given to candidates who have Rheumatology, gastroenterology and/or Crohn's disease experience
- Availability to work 2 or more days/week providing in home patient injection training including nights and weekends
- Ability to travel locally and overnight 20-25%
- Strong teamwork abilities
- Comfort with personal technologies such as iPhones, apps, and health portals
- Access to computer with internet connection for training
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver's license to drive to assignments, unless otherwise specified
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.Make your work matter everywhere.
Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education
SyneosHealth is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled) Position Type/Category
About 25%Minimum Education Level
Assoc. DegreeEmployment Type
Syneos Health position