OverviewYou're a trailblazer: you see the potential and you want in from the beginning.
You want to be a part of something. Something challenging. Something cutting edge. Something filling an unmet need. You're at your best paving the way alongside those just as committed and energetic as yourself. Your voice will be heard and you'll be an integral part of this team through this direct hire opportunity as a Area Business Manager with one of our clients.Responsibilities
The Area Business Specialist (ABS) is accountable to ensure appropriate identified new and existing patients have access to pharmaceutical products which minimize pre and post needle attrition. They will accomplish this by: ensuring a mix of viable sites of care are available in the local marketplace, educating practices on appropriate efficiency practices to infuse the pharmaceutical product(s) to remain viable, updating practices on key private and public payer changes that impact infusion process, ensure staff in infusion clinics have been trained using company approved materials to deliver pharmaceutical product(s) in a safe and efficient manner, educate providers on patient assistance programs that are available to assist patients financially. The individual uses discretion and judgment to execute the company's brand strategy and tactics within the assigned customer segment, which may include securing and preserving patient access to pharmaceutical product(s) in the optimal site of care for the patient and provider. The ABS approaches each customer from a total account management perspective, by leveraging resources appropriately, collaborating with business partners and accurately articulating the value proposition for the customer.
The ABS will also assist members of sales force (e.g., Specialists, District Managers) in all aspects of product promotion, including but not limited to product access, pull-through and reimbursement. Lead local market team in education and tactical execution. They will mentor doctors and staff on how to develop and implement an In Office Infusion program including overall operations management, scheduling, staffing, pre-authorization, reimbursement, capacity management, inventory management, and infusion management/efficiencies. The ABS will have responsibility for training appropriate clinical staff re: technical aspects of infusing the pharmaceutical product(s) including reconstitution, admixture, administration, monitoring, and adverse event management and reporting. The ABS will serve as a resource to territory's accounts and our client's staff regarding local, regional and national payer policies; reimbursement regulations and processes (i.e., eligibility and benefit verification, pre-authorization, billing, coding, claims, and appeals/grievances); practice management; Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations; OSHA; HIPAA; and state-specific clinical staff licensing / certification requirements for product compounding, admixture, administration and monitoring.Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Demonstrated successful sales performance with a minimum of five (5) years of pharmaceutical, biologic / biotech or medical device sales experience with a minimum of three (3) year of specialty sales experience.
- Strong business acumen with a working knowledge of reimbursement, payer, provider and infusion operations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and ability to respond to market trends and customer priorities
- Working knowledge of immunology, rheumatology, and/or gastroenterology
- Track record of pulling products through formulary reviews
- Experience with managing contracts
- Experience of leading project teams in a matrixed environment
- Large account management experience preferred
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 50% as needed or required.
- All candidates must have a valid driver's license issued in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States along with a clean driving record.
- Strategic thinker
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Intellectual curiosity
- Results driven
- Situational awareness
- Takes prudent risks
- Problem solver
Syneos Health companies and our clients are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled) Years Exp
About 50%Minimum Education Level
Bachelor's DegreeEmployment/Job Type