About Lilly in Migraine
For over 25 years, Lilly has been committed to helping people suffering from migraine, investigating more than a dozen different compounds for the treatment of migraine and disabling headache disorders. These research programs have accelerated understanding of this disease and advanced the development of Lilly's comprehensive late-stage development programs studying galcanezumab for prevention of migraine and cluster headache, and lasmiditan for the acute treatment of migraine. Our goal is to make life better for people with migraine by offering comprehensive solutions to prevent or stop this disabling disease. The combined clinical, academic and professional experience of our experts helps us to build our research portfolio, identify challenges for healthcare providers and pinpoint the needs of people living with migraine and cluster headache.Responsibilities
District Sales Manager - Neurosciences position will be responsible for Amyvid and Forteo, until the anticipated approval of galcanezumab (Galca). Upon the anticipated approval of Galca, this position will be responsible for Galca and Amyvid, with the primary focus being the successful launch of Galca.
Demonstrate Exceptional Leadership:
- Clearly communicates the corporate, business unit and area vision, strategy, goals, and processes into action
- Responsible for executing business unit, area and district level strategies that maximize the Service Value Chain
- Lives the Lilly Leadership Principles: Connect with People, Be Determined, and Drive Continuous Improvement.
- Applies brand strategy to local market patient care and coordination model(s) with a high level of team accountability to brand strategy execution.
- Embraces new organizational changes and champions them to sales professionals and colleagues.
- Models and coaches sales representatives to ensure understanding of and compliance with all Lilly policies and procedures.
Develops Engaged Employees:
- Helps create and contribute to a "One-Lilly" culture where we execute with speed and agility.
- Models and coaches sales representatives to develop as high performing individuals and work together as part of a high functioning team.
- Identifies recruits, develops and retains diverse talent based on the right mix of customer centricity, Lilly leadership behaviors, and local business needs.
- Collaborates with sales representatives to explore and identify their career goals, develops individual development plans and leverages his/her professional network to provide experiences that develop and retain local talent.
- Utilizes the performance management process to inspire individual performance
- Facilitates effective live and virtual group learning experiences to accelerate their team's development around critical capabilities, brand strategies, disease state, payer, market knowledge.
- Monitors individual employee engagement and team health and continually looks for opportunities to improve them.
Ensures Positive Customer Experiences:
- Models and coaches sales professionals to effectively use Lilly's customer interaction capabilities (e.g., Strategic Account Management, and Value Based Selling) and available resources effectively that result in industry leading customer value and service.
- Models and coaches sales professionals to comprehensively assess priority district accounts and key stakeholders (with local field team input) to address complex customer / account needs.
- Create an environment where we have a keen understanding of our diverse customer and patient base as the competitive landscape.
- Understands and coaches team to identify patient flow and coordination across key sites of care (Neurologists, Headache Specialists/Clinics, Neurologists, PCPs, and Integrated Delivery Networks).
- Builds strategic relationships with key customers and external stakeholders including key Neurosciences HCPs, thought leaders, advocacy groups, and other local market decision makers and influencers.
- Understands payer reimbursement patterns, trends, and associated implications to customer and sites of care to enable appropriate alignment of Lilly resources.
- Empowers sales professionals to close performance gaps through strategic account management (Understand, Plan, and Execute) to uncover new insights about their Market Verticals, territories, accounts and customers.
- Monitors changing trends in disease state and therapeutic advances and coaches sales professionals in order to demonstrate deep understanding of products and disease state when interacting with HCPs.
- Partners with key internal and external stakeholders to resolve care coordination challenges.
- Share key learnings across the business unit, as appropriate, to enhance the overall customer experience.
Delivers Business Results:
- Able to understand, communicate the business unit sales plan and execute at the district level to achieve the desired performance.
- Leverages strengths and resources to capture local opportunities, mitigate local threats and weaknesses, and achieve area & business unit objectives
- Leads district-level account and territory planning across field team (Sales Specialist, Field Reimbursement, Market Managers, etc.) for assigned market that supports corporate, area, and brand strategies and goals.
- Implements business plan, monitors execution and results, and adapts as needed to accomplish business objectives.
- Is accountable and responsible for budget and resources required to support the business unit/area/district strategy, and models the ability to make appropriate trade-off decisions
- Leveraging internal and Lilly field team resources, tools, and capabilities.
- Continually learn from successes and failures and adjusts business plans to appropriately accelerate district performance and eco-system growth.
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Professional certification or license required to perform this position if required by a specific state
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- TRAVEL: 50 - 75% travel may be required
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
How to Apply:
- Previous successful sales leadership experience in a specialty or account-based setting
- Prior marketing or other functional leadership experience in Neurosciences or Specialty Biologics
- Previous product launch experience
- Strong coaching of strategic account management to achieve business results
- High learning agility
- Strong business operations / analytics skills and resource management capabilities
- Strong ability to hire, coach, and develop a team for an evolving healthcare environment Success developing clear market level goals and objectives to accelerate team performance
- Ability to work cross functionally with other field stakeholders (i.e. Field Reimbursement, Market Managers, etc.) and leverage internal business partners and networks (Marketing, Operations, Payer, Compliance, etc.) to address district-level challenges or questions to enhance the customer experience.
- Proven ability to lead the Service Value Chain across team, peers and leadership
- Ability to make effective business trade-offs
- Lives within assigned geography or within 50 miles of region boundaries
- MBA or other advanced degree
Copy and paste the bit.ly link below into your web browser and you will be re-directed to the Lilly job application website.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)Position Type/Category
RPO BUMinimum Education Level
Bachelor's DegreeEmployment/Job Type
Full TimeEmployment Type
Client Direct Hire