OverviewYou're driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn't cut it - you've got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you're known for your good nature. You'll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life. Responsibilities
This opportunity is with our Selling Solutions team, which partners with top tier pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies to provide better, smarter, faster solutions for the industry. Take part in leading the transformation of healthcare by joining the largest provider of outsourced commercial solutions to the healthcare industry.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant on a long term internal contract basis to perform monthly P&L and balance sheet analysis, process monthly accruals, amortization, and allocations, assist with auditor requests, and perform other projects as necessary. This individual should have strong knowledge of the general ledger and its relationship with the various sub ledgers, as well as a strong understanding of monthly accruals related to payroll and other expenses. More specifically:
RequirementsAlong with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:Education:
- Review of monthly project P&Ls and preparation of necessary journal entries and accruals, including, but not limited to:
- analysis of wages, bonus, and other compensation related earnings
- analysis of chargeback items, including travel and other miscellaneous expenses, including review and correction of variances analysis of actual results against forecast
- analysis of postings from various modules, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and expense management to determine accuracy
- review and preparation of journal entries related to Billing Department uploads.
Review and monthly update of assigned Balance Sheet accounts
- Monthly Bank reconciliations
- Manage monthly prepaid activity and book amortization
- Process monthly allocations
- Upload of monthly forecast and accrual files
- Serve as a backup for Fleet analysis and posting
- Special projects as assigned
BS degree in Accounting or FinanceSkills and experience:
- Strong experience with month end close processes and financial statement review
- Strong experience with computerized financial systems (PeopleSoft a strong plus)
- Strong Excel knowledge
Make your work matter everywhere.
- Must be a self-starter, analytical, and deadline oriented
- Must be willing to work overtime, especially during month end close periods
- Willingness to commit to long term contract- 6 to 9 months
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled) Position Type/Category
TPSMinimum Education Level
Bachelor's DegreeEmployment/Job Type
Syneos Health position