This position helps show the way in the changing marketplace. It champions new ideas and new perspectives. It is part of a team charged with the shared accountability to increase the number of innovative and celebrated new ideas coming from our agencies.
The four main goals of the team include:
• Sell and build workshops and customer co-creation events that help clients uncover new ways to engage patients, healthcare professionals and healthcare systems
• Build partnerships and value across our 11 agencies
• Write and design powerful thought leadership for Syneos Health Communications
• Create turnkey innovation tools and resources to leveraged by teams around the world
This position has four key areas of focus:
Workshops: Creates innovation workshops, tools and prototypes that help clients uncover actionable new ideas. Develops detailed content, including case studies, customer insights, and partnership examples. Facilitates workshops and programs that create a sense of discovery and prioritizes ideas for innovation. Inspires groups large and small with relevant, exciting presentations.
Writing/Content Generation: Follows our 4 Ps of great content: proven, provocative, perfected, and packaged. Researches and authors fresh, relevant and engaging content; leverages our team's voice and pushes us further. Captures and creates powerful stories. Curates and elevates best-of examples in our industry.
Growth: Partners with experts at our 11 agencies and across our global commercial organization to understand their changing needs and ultimately create new innovation and thought leadership products to support them. Works with teams to identify the best-fit opportunities for innovation in their business and gives them the tools/language/support to sell in those engagements. Occasionally joins new business pitch teams to be the voice for adding more innovation into every client relationship.
Engagement: Builds a strong network within our Communications and Commercial organizations. Introduces colleagues to new ideas, new opportunities, and each other. Finds new ways to make thought leadership content relevant and useful for our teams and clients. Description of Duties
• Acts as a cultural change agent, integrating innovation thinking into a broad range of discussions
• Researches the underlying clues that point to important industry trends, create impetus for client change, and compel audiences to react
• Writes provocative and engaging content, articles and thought leadership pieces that grab attention and garner the praise of clients and colleagues
• Partners directly with core teams to develop and deliver innovation engagements
• Networks to build new relationships internally and externally
• Stays in touch with key teams and contacts via two-way conversations about what we can offer (ideas, content, etc.) and what they need most right now
• Actively builds a pipeline of new innovation opportunities, scoping potential cost and earning financial approvals
• Identifies meaningful insights into how our key customers use technology and communication tools today and how they'll want to use them in the future
• Connects insights and trends to specific innovation opportunities (what could we do?)
• Builds the reputation and value of the Syneos Health Communications brand
• Collaborates with engineers, account leads and creatives to understand and demonstrate how an idea could really work for a specific client
• Facilitates brainstorming sessions with diverse participants
• Tests and socializes innovation models / prototypes with key audiences
• Collaborates with teammates to develop major publications on trends and new opportunities
• Writes for and improves the Health Experience Project
• Brings "something special" to the team that will prove crucial for our future success
• Adds to this list Minimum Requirements
• Significant experience in roles that require big-idea thinking, client convincing and writing / content marketing (typically looking for candidates who have minimum of 7 years of experience, but flexible for the people who have the right skills)
• Strong writing, synthesizing and presentation skills
• Provocative and design-thinking sensibilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability/willingness to travel (~2x/month)Key Competencies
Self-motivated: Natural self-starter. Able to conceive and follow through on multiple projects. Comfortable working in a collaborative environment without significant management direction.
Curious: Intrigued by understanding what's next and why. Plugged-into the conversation changing our industry.
Synthesizer: Able to take disparate content or points of view and create an insightful story
Conceptual thinker: Able to develop unique and innovative concepts that yield deeper connections between brands, people and their health care providers.
Facilitator: Ready to read a room. Quick to document ideas. Able to inspire a group to tackle a problem.
Optimist: A natural positive thinker who bounces back from challenging moments and proactively chefs-up ideas for how to do it better next time.EEO Statement
Syneos Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected status. If you require accommodation due to a disability in order to complete the application process, please contact our EEO Administrator at 781-425-4600 or by email at CorporateHumanResources@syneoshealth.com City