At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.Responsibilities
Specialty Reps will be responsible for developing relationships with all practicing endocrinologists and pediatric endocrinologists who are prescribers/influencers of treatment for the diseases states represented in the Lilly Diabetes and Endocrine portfolios. These representatives will also be responsible for selling the Diabetes portfolio in key hospital accounts: including interactions with attending endocrinologists, endocrine fellows, diabetes educators, chief internal medicine residents, chief family practice residents, and residents involved in endocrine rotations. The Specialty representative will build relationships with these key customers to increase Lilly's ability to drive adoption of our new and existing diabetes therapies as well as growth hormone deficiency treatment.
Identify and develop business relationships with key customers, state and local advocacy groups, teaching institutions, key influencers/prescribers, and managed care organizations and establish oneself as a true diabetes/endocrine expert and resource.
- Develop deep professional/industry knowledge in multiple disease states represented in Lilly Diabetes and Endocrine portfolios including knowledge of competitive products.
- Implement/drive brand value messages and interventions to exceed customer needs and assist with device training, reimbursement, and distribution via alternate channels where applicable.
- Ability to engage in an active dialogue with physicians on complex subjects and influence the use of the injectable products.
- Effective selling of multiple products on a single call.
- Work across different account levels: with hospitals, department chiefs, nurses, certified diabetes educators, and allied medical professionals to optimize Lilly's contribution to successful diabetes and endocrine care with targeted accounts.
- Effective account management as it relates to meeting and exceeding targeting/message/frequency/programs.
- Work with Lilly Partners, Alliance Partners and Specialty District Team to leverage impact across your territory and district.
- Operate with high integrity
- Bachelor's Degree
- Professional Certification or License if required by a specific state
- Completion of the Pre-Employment Screen (PES)
- Plus any ONE of the following:
- Master's Degree
- 2 or more years of sales experience (pharma or non-pharma) since undergraduate degree was obtained
- 3 or more years of relevant work experience since undergraduate degree was obtained.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Some evening programs and overnight travel will be required.
- Ability to provide secure and temperature controlled location for product samples may be required.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply:
- Live within territory or within 30 miles of territory boundaries
- Diabetes, Specialty or Hospital/Account based experience
- Top 1/3 portfolio sales results, 1 out of the last 3 years
- Pharmacy degree or scientific background
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Demonstrated success in influence and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication/coordination/interpersonal Skills
- Documented leadership ability
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and communicate technical/scientific knowledge
- Must show demonstrated longevity by having held less than 3 jobs in the past 5 years
Copy and paste the bit.ly link below into your web browser and you will be re-directed to the Lilly job application website.
Once you apply, you will be asked to complete an on-line assessment. This will take approximately 45 minutes, however, please take the time to carefully read the instructions and questions, as completion is required in order to move forward in the process.
If you are not prompted to take the assessment after you apply for the job, please contact: Christopher.Gallogly@inventivhealth.com
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled) Position Type/Category
RPO BUMinimum Education Level
Bachelor's DegreeEmployment/Job Type
Full TimeEmployment Type
Client Direct Hire