Researched and relatable, science-driven and social, you're an extroverted expert. Ablynx has partnered with Syneos Health to fill direct hire positions for their first US Medical Science Liaison team.
Founded in 2001, Ablynx is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of Nanobodies®, a novel class of therapeutic proteins.
Headquartered in Belgium, our client has more than 45 proprietary and partnered programs in development in various therapeutic areas including inflammation, hematology, immuno-oncology, oncology and respiratory disease.Ablynx is currently running a number of promising Phase II trials (RSV, RA, SLE) and expects to launch its first product, caplacizumab, focused on acquired Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (aTTP) in 2018 in European markets and in 2019 in US.
Our client aims to utilize its unique Nanobody technology to develop therapeutics in areas of high unmet medical need where Nanobodies offer a clear promotable advantage over existing products and technologies. This is demonstrated with the continued investment in multiple internal R&D programs and the continuation of key strategic partnerships with major pharmaceutical organizations.
At present, Ablynx has over 400 staff members with the majority located in their Belgium Headquarters. Currently Ablynx is investing in and building their medical and commercial organizations within EU and US to support the launch of caplacizumab. Ablynx has established highly innovative, world-class expertise and capabilities and is very excited about its future, potentially as part of the Sanofi family, that will further increase the range of opportunities for their staff to unlock the power of the Nanobody platform.Responsibilities
Within this entrepreneurial and dynamic environment, you will be operating in a 'wide lens' view maximizing the value and recognition of Ablynx's products through communication of product-related scientific and medical information to relevant external health care providers, current and future opinion and educational leaders as well as policy-makers/payers.
- Provide input into medical affairs strategy for caplacizumab within US.
- Establish and strengthen KOL networks.
- Drive organization and implementation of caplacizumab's Advisory Boards.
- Communicate and provide expertise on technical, operational, strategic developments in areas of expertise.
- Drive strategic and tactical management of publication and conference planning.
- Assist/support interpretation of scientific data from the literature and/or from clinical studies.
- Develop internal and external education strategy.
- Regularly present externally at scientific conferences and to high-level business audiences such as Payers.
- Contribute to communication strategy with key focus on implementing the medical communication and publication global and national plans.
- Support the marketing and commercial teams, including providing adequate ongoing scientific training in disease and product related areas.
- Address all unsolicited medical questions in accordance with all applicable regulations and internal policies.
- Support all pharmacovigilance activities, namely reporting and following-up adequately, in accordance with all applicable regulations for any reported adverse event.
- Review all medical and promotional materials to be used at national level to ensure the accuracy of information and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- Advanced terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)
- 3+ years' of MSL experience
- 3+ years' of experience in hematology preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven track record of professional relationships at different levels (inside and outside the company)
- Rare Disease Product Launch experience in a MSL/Medical role is considered a plus
- Strong scientific and collaboration skills
- A proven team player mindset
- Experience in a matrix environment coordinating with corporate and commercial organization to achieve organizational objectives
- An understanding of the key pre-clinical and clinical trial design elements, operations and interpretation of these activities as well as regulatory requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
Ablynx is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)Position Type/Category
Medical Science Liaison
More than 50%Minimum Education Level
Client Direct Hire