OverviewResearched and relatable, science-driven and social, you're an extroverted expert.
If there's one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it's how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders comes naturally to you and you like being around people. Poised and articulate, you are a listener, an educator and a gifted cultivator of new and exciting opportunities grounded in the science. You've got what it takes to be a Medical Science Liaison with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. Our accomplished team consists of 291 MDs, 486 PhDs, Pharma Voice 100 Recipients, HBA Rising Stars and Luminaries, and PM 360 Elite Award Winners.Responsibilities
You will be responsible for engaging with specified KOLs/External Clinical and Scientific Experts, institutions, and organizations in your territory through appropriate high-level scientific support for research activities, publications, education, consulting, and other Medical Affairs initiatives. You will ensure effective communication across multifunctional teams in carrying out Medical Affairs tactics. You will:
RequirementsAlong with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- Launch clinical trials in the assigned study centers
- Identify high potential referral physicians and practices, provide education and awareness efforts within these practices to facilitate referral of appropriate patients to the sites
- Act as conduit of information between site and sponsor, and support site in all recruitment efforts
- Present clinical trial/protocol information at appropriate educational venues to drive awareness of trial
- Identify national, regional, and local Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Maintain and develop synergistic relationships with KOLs to expand research, advisory, and educational partnership opportunities
- Serve as a scientific expert at key medical and scientific conferences, advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings, internal meetings, and patient advocacy group meetings
- Collects, analyzes, and communicates fair-balanced information concerning disease state and MOA
- Participate in scientific and medical training of Sales colleagues
- Provide relevant clinical presentations to P&T committee members, medical directors, and other key decisions makers as appropriate
Full Syneos Health benefits which include:
- 3-5 years' of MSL experience
- Advanced terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)
- Knowledge ofimmuno-oncology or oncology experience required
- Excellent presentation, communication and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated strong understanding of clinical research trial design and study analysis, regional standards of care, applicable treatment guidelines and, cost effectiveness and other high-level HEOR evidence approaches, and local practices of patient management
- The ability to work as a part of diverse teams
- High prioritization, results oriented, and deadline focused skills
- The ability to anticipate challenges and devise strategies for success
- Self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously and thrive on challenge
- Demonstrate ability to develop trust and maintain integrity with KOLs/External Clinical and Scientific Experts, HCPs, and institutions; as well as with peers, and others
- The ability to travel: 60%-70%
Make your work matter everywhere.
- Competitive compensation, bonuses and fleet vehicle
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled) Position Type/Category
Medical Science Liaison
More than 50%Minimum Education Level
Syneos Health position