The VP, Creative Director is responsible for the creative vision/standards for the brand(s) assigned. Partnering with the lead VP, Account Director, the VP, Creative Director manages the productivity and success of the team(s). He or she guides, and cultivates creative solutions by devising brand strategies. The VP, Creative Director, supervises, mentors, and helps with the development of all assigned creative staff. He or she also shares responsibilities for client relations-partnering with clients to develop brand plans, positioning, and scopes of work. In addition to assigned accounts, the VP, Creative Director will be responsible for leading new business. Description of Duties
• Assists Executive Creative Director in maintaining agency creative vision.
• Understands the business of advertising.
• Ability to understand the acumen of oncology (not afraid of science and can articulate it in a creative way).
• Sets and owns the creative vision his/her brands and manages effective creative execution.
• Ability to drive award winning conceptual ideas, and ensure accuracy of every detail.
• Can build quality and talented teams
• Mentors and develops direct reports, keeping staff motivated and enthusiastic.
• Conducts continuous performance reviews of direct reports.
• Works closely with ACD's (Direct Reports) to manage staffing issues.
• Leads by example, not always delegating (still creates).
• Provides career paths and development (guidance) for his/her creative team members.
• Ensures that ACD's are managing financial aspects of client relationship including compliance to contract/ agreements, billings, write-offs and receivables.
• Leads creative development for assigned brands.
• Actively participates in promotional planning for brands.
• Can read and command a room and present with passion and conviction
• Understands digital and can speak to the latest trends and technologies.
• Partners with VP, Account Director to manage account(s).
• Active in strategic development on his/her assigned projects and brands. Partners with Account Lead in this area.
• Assists in utilization and workload management.
• Reviews all work routing through teams to ensure that content is on strategy.
• Develops and maintains a working relationship with brand managers and to be able to maintain a positive relationship.
• Participates in client strategic meetings, war games, market research, and work plan development and is able to present ideas and creative solutions comfortably. Minimum Requirements
• BA/BFA/MA/MFA degree with coursework in the arts, communications, advertising, or creative writing.
• 10-15 years of pharmaceutical advertising experience - oncology experience is required.
• Has interest in growing with the company and must have strong references.
• Is not limited by art or copy can drive the total communication experience.Key Competencies
Demonstrated ability to:
• Produce a variety of promotional materials.
• Distill complex data into key promotional messages.
• Think creatively and provide marketable solutions through conceiving, developing, and producing tactics for both traditional and digital channels.
• Fluent in a broad suite of programs
• Exceptional computer skills: Creative Suite and can work in PowerPoint (a primary presentation tool for the agency).
• Direct copy, art and digital
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Commands a strong knowledge of current/historic creative market landscape (oncology/pharma/consumer)
• Feels comfortable handling many assignments at one time.
• Can present well and sell creative.EEO Statement
Syneos Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected status. If you require accommodation due to a disability in order to complete the application process, please contact our EEO Administrator at 781-425-4600 or by email at CorporateHumanResources@syneoshealth.com. City