OverviewYou're driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn't cut it - you've got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you're known for your good nature. You'll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life. Responsibilities
This opportunity is with Syneos Health Consulting, an industry-leading consulting firm specializing in the biopharmaceutical industry providing services across a comprehensive range of key Practice Areas including commercial strategy and planning, medical affairs, risk and program management and pricing and market access. You'll join a team with industry focus, depth of functional expertise, and strong scientific and market knowledge that is uniquely positioned to tackle highly complex business and market challenges to develop achievable strategies for our clients. More specifically:PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for accuracy of project budget trackers, including contract amount, budget, billable rates, and project revenue
- Responsible for reviewing client contracts
- Main point of contact for questions or requests relating to project accounting, providing prompt responses.
- Research project issues
- Responsible for creating accurate personal dashboard reports, ensuring policies and guidelines are adhered to for sales and book credit allocation.
- Set up new projects in ERP based on opportunity information.
- Keep management informed of potential issues projects, particularly for potential write offs or losses.
- Responsible for accurate external client reporting requests.
- Manage small projects related to project accounting
- Work across Syneos Health entities for projects involving multiple business units
RequirementsAlong with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Ensure timely production of weekly management reports, utilizing technology that ensures scalability, accuracy, and reliability of reported information.
- Work with team members to add new reports or enhance current reports to satisfy changing information needs.
- Develop scalable business processes and reporting capabilities with the organization.
- Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Work closely with business applications partners to improve and automate reporting.
- Prepare analysis and reports for Project Management
Full Syneos Health benefits which include
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Ten years or more relevant experience (professional and solid finance related experience)
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical mindset
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Comfort working with multiple systems and large data sets
- Strong business acumen
- Must be detailed orientated, organized, and possess ability to complete work with accuracy within established deadlines
- Ability to articulate recommendations to senior management.
- Advanced Excel and Access skills
- Experience with Great Plains or Oracle, particularly the project accounting module is a plus.
- Experience with Professional Services Automation System (PSA) is a plus (i.e. Deltek, Open Air, Net Suite, Tenrox or Project)
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and customer focus are essential to success in this position
- Able to work independently and learn new tasks quickly
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Make your work matter everywhere
- Competitive compensation and bonuses
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled) Position Type/Category
Corporate DirectMinimum Education Level
Bachelor's DegreeEmployment/Job Type
Full TimeEmployment Type
Syneos Health position