OverviewYou're driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn't cut it - you've got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you're known for your good nature. You'll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life. Responsibilities
This opportunity is with Syneos Health Consulting, an industry-leading consulting firm specializing in the biopharmaceutical industry providing services across a comprehensive range of key Practice Areas including commercial strategy and planning, medical affairs, risk and program management and pricing and market access. You'll join a team with industry focus, depth of functional expertise, and strong scientific and market knowledge that is uniquely positioned to tackle highly complex business and market challenges to develop achievable strategies for our clients.
This position provides a unique opportunity to act as a finance liaison to large multi-sponsor client programs. The role provides client billable services to programs as part of a larger program management team. More specifically:
RequirementsAlong with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of each program's financial operations and nuances
- Work as an integrated member of the program management teams, while maintaining fiduciary responsibilities within the finance team
- Accurately prepare monthly financial reporting packages for programs on a timely basis; this includes preparation, review, and analysis of expenses, deposits, billing, and other financial data.
- Maintain multiyear expense budgets and forecasts for each program
- Calculate allocation of monthly billing for professional fees, expenses, and deposits; work with the Accounts Receivables team to ensure accurate invoices are sent to program sponsors
- Ensure purchase orders from sponsors are received in a timely manner and correctly funded
- As new programs are awarded, complete set up of program financial management reports and tools
- Complete finance tasks related to on- and off-boarding program participants, including reconciling and reallocating program fees, expenses, and deposits, as needed
- Annually reconcile programs' finances, including annual security deposits
- Participate in program monthly program financial calls with sponsors, prepared to answer finance-related questions
- Work directly with sponsors, as needed, to explain financial reporting or other financial issues
- Support audit requirements both Syneos Health and program-specific audits
- Verify accuracy of vendor invoices
- Oversee process of issuing purchase orders to vendors
- Ensure vendors are paid on time
- Review disbursement requests for accuracy and ensure proper approvals have been obtained based on established approval matrix
- Manage and oversee team of financial professionals who are responsible for processing AP, managing financial needs of additional programs, etc.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place
- Prepare cashflow forecasts
- Escalate financial issues as needed through appropriate channels
Full Syneos Health benefits which include
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Ten years or more relevant experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be detailed orientated, organized, and possess ability to complete work with accuracy within established deadlines
- Ability to think critically and creatively, assess client needs, and deliver quality solution
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and customer focus are essential to success in this position
- Strong communication skills
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Make your work matter everywhere
- Competitive compensation andbonuses
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Referral bonuses andother personalized quality of life conveniences
.Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled) Position Type/Category
Corporate DirectMinimum Education Level
Bachelor's DegreeEmployment/Job Type
Full TimeEmployment Type
Syneos Health position