Overview You're driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn't cut it - you've got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you're known for your good nature. You'll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Here, there's no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 20 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.Responsibilities
This opportunity is with Syneos Health Consulting, an industry-leading consulting firm specializing in the biopharmaceutical industry providing services across a comprehensive range of key Practice Areas including commercial strategy and planning, medical affairs, risk and program management and pricing and market access. You'll join a team with industry focus, depth of functional expertise, and strong scientific and market knowledge that is uniquely positioned to tackle highly complex business and market challenges to develop achievable strategies for our clients.
Our Risk and Program Management Practice is seeking effective managers and leaders with demonstrated project management skills to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively engage a team, highly motivated, energetic, and diverse in their thinking; able to follow/develop clear processes; and above all a strong team player. Previous experience with REMS or product risk management initiatives and staff development skills are preferred though not required.
More specifically the role requires the candidate to:
Requirements Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate preferably has the following:
- Take responsibility for client satisfaction, ensuring that Syneos Health meets or exceeds client expectations, builds trust with its clients, and is seen as a partner
- Manage the scope of work for assigned projects, ensuring efficient delivery with assigned resources and adherence to budget
- Effectively facilitate complex client meetings, enabling broad participation while also driving towards consensus
- Ensure deliverable quality by developing the overall storyboard for key deliverables, guiding team members to effectively develop materials, and strategically reviewing documents for flow, logic, grammar, and layout
- Oversee drafting and dissemination of concise and well-written client communications related to ongoing work stream management and approval processes; manage team to promptly address client questions and requests
- Ensure meeting minutes are reviewed for all project meetings to confirm concise and accurate capture of information; ensure client review process is completed according to project timelines
- Oversee tracking of action items and approvals; ensure client and team follow-up is conducted as necessary for adherence to program timelines and management processes
- Direct team in maintenance of relevant program materials and appropriate document management
- Oversee preparation of communications to and materials for external audiences (e.g., FDA, program vendors) on behalf of clients
- Understand the core program requirements / intent and be able to communicate effectively with project and client team, as well as external audiences (e.g., FDA, program vendors) when appropriate
- Structure problem solving, research, and analysis with minimal guidance from program lead; distill insights from analysis; draft potential strategic recommendations
- Identify potential project and implementation risks and dependencies and escalate as appropriate
- Facilitate selection of and contracting with vendors on behalf of client(s), successfully directing the RFP and legal processes in coordination with relevant internal departments
- Oversee management of vendor relationships, ensuring deliverables are of high quality and delivered on time and on budget
- Serve as development coach for up to three individual contributors within the Program and Risk Management Practice Area, guiding their professional development
- Actively participate in management and leadership of the Practice Area through regular internal teleconferences, 1:1 meetings and offsite activities
- Participate in Practice Area initiatives, such as white paper development and conference participation
Full Syneos Health benefits, which include:
- Graduate or higher degree (e.g. MBA, PhD, PharmD) in business or life sciences, or PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) / Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience working in the biopharmaceutical, life science or consulting industries
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience managing direct reports
- Demonstrated staff development or coaching skills
- Ability to multi-task, think critically and creatively; excellent time-management skills; and ability to assess client needs and deliver high-quality effective communications
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Demonstrated competence in writing
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with project management tools (e.g., MS Project, SharePoint)
- Drive for self-development, ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Make your work matter everywhere.
- Competitive compensation and bonuses
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled) Position Type/Category
Project Management Minimum Education Level
Masters Degree Employment/Job Type
Full Time Employment Type
Syneos Health position