OverviewThere's one thing you do that's exceptional: Lead
You formulate a plan and empower your team to provide clinical expertise to health care providers helping them to improve patient outcomes. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate MSLs and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for an MSL Team Director role with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Syneos Health has launched more than 120 sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas - more than the top 25 pharma companies combined. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.Responsibilities
The MSL Team Director (MSLTD) is responsible for managing and developing MSLs in the United States within US Medical. As such, the MSLTD plans, organizes, and monitors Syneos Health's MSL team activities to ensure alignment with our clients medical affairs strategies and partners cross-functionally with Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics (HOPE), and clinical development. This role will also facilitate and manage teams appropriate information sharing and coordination with internal clients teams to ensure that they are conducted in compliance with clients policies and Federal and State laws, regulations, and guidelines. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead, manage, mentor and provide continuous tactical vision, guidance and training to the Syneos Health MSLs.
- Coordinate all training, activities, communications of the field-based MSLs, and assist in the professional development of the team by being a source of information and guidance.
- Act as the Medical Affairs point person to internal corporate multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop 30/60/90 day Launch Plan in conjunction with Leadership.
- Manage contract deliverables.
- Manage field operation of MSLs.
- Conduct Field Visits and MSL assessments.
- Utilize data to monitor and improve performance.
- Ensure budgetary compliance with expense reporting.
- Take ownership for project and division responsibilities.
- Serve as communication lead to team, field, client and internal staff.
Make your work matter everywhere.
- Doctorate level scientific degree is required (PharmD, PhD, MD or equivalent).
- 3+ years' experience as manager of field-based MSLs
- 5+ years of experience as an MSL
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated effectiveness to work across divisions as well as independently.
- Knowledge of clinical trial design and protocol development.
- Knowledge of analysis of clinical data and pharmacology.
- Knowledge of principles of pharmacoeconomics.
- Knowledge of formulary presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and execute plans against objectives in an independent environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation / platform skills.
- Excellent computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office, Access and Excel.
Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled) Years Exp
Clinical-Field Management (MSL, CDE, CNE)
About 50%Minimum Education Level
Syneos Health position