- The Account Director is well versed at building and driving brand strategy. Acts as the strategic lead on the agency team and provides guidance to client on brand strategy and tactical programs that align with business and marketing objectives.
- Develops solid working relationships with client at the product manager level as well as the various functional areas within the client company and the primary vendors. Is able to leverage these relationships to grow the business and help ensure resource allocation as needed to do great work.
- Attends appropriate client meetings, market research, conferences, and sales training, providing follow-up documentation to client, and reporting back appropriately to the team.
- Manage and assist the agency team in all aspects of project development and ensure delivery of high-quality creative work consistent with Navicor standards and that is aligned with client expectations.
- Is involved in daily client contact and follow-up and ensures common understanding of next steps, client point of view and functional needs of the account. Engages senior management in an appropriate manner regarding any client needs/concerns.
- Oversees the day to day execution of promotional initiatives to ensure delivery of "great work" to client while being consistent with the agency's project and convergence brief.
- Provide daily management direction of direct reports, including development of performance reviews, and development plans.
- Drives and leads the development of client strategy and brand, including assisting in the development of strategic and tactical plans
- Presents plans to client in an engaging and thorough manner, ensuring appropriate follow-up and selling-in of creative, strategy and tactics
- Represents the agency's point of view, handles objections in a professional manner and manages disagreements with the client in a diplomatic way to ensure win/win solutions for both client and agency
- Involved in financial management of the account, including forecasting, utilization and profitability.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities through involvement in agency initiatives, new business pitches, successful management of client accounts and an aptitude for providing feedback and coaching in a positive and motivating manner.
- Develops agency talent through guidance/mentoring staff and training them with appropriate supervisory skills. Ensures team has a solid understanding of key metrics for profitability including utilization and expense management.
- Employs a proactive approach to continuous learning.
- Develop solid understanding off all Syneos offerings to effectively position to clients.
- Participate in new business sourcing and pitches as applicable
• BA/BS, MBA preferable
• Pharmaceutical marketing experience in oncology, immunology, and/or hematology
• Experience in successfully managing a team and leading multiple projects
• Strategic thinking and agility
• Clear understanding and facilitator of pharmaceutical marketing processes/ procedures, advertising agency processes and philosophies, client-agency relationship, brand planning, etc.
• Motivated self-starter that works well in team environments
• Excellent attention to detail and presentation skills Key Competencies
• Teamwork: Understands the impact of one's actions on others, seeks to keep team informed and maximizes the power of working together
• Brand management: Has a solid approach to managing client brands from the agency's role in brand development, marketing implementation and life cycle management
• Client management: Develops solid working partnerships with a variety of clients while also fostering relationships between other team members and the client; is effective at leveraging a variety of roles to maximize partnering with the client
• Business management: Helps the cross-functional team understand business metrics, including estimating, utilization, management of workflow and quality to client satisfaction
• Communication: Communicates adeptly both internally and externally and is able to establish rapport with a variety of professional levels from all functional areas. Possess solid writing skills
• Strong presentation skills: Commands an audience through clear, direct and motivational presentation approaches
• Industry knowledge: Maintains solid command of pharmaceutical industry trends and direction as well as the latest marketing and communication techniques available to continually grow our business and offer the latest solutionsEEO Statement
Syneos Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected status. If you require accommodation due to a disability in order to complete the application process, please contact our EEO Administrator at 781-425-4600 or by email at CorporateHumanResources@inventivhealth.com. City