Overview You're Agile. You're Engaging. You're Smart.
If there's one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it's how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders comes naturally to you and you like being around people. Poised and articulate, you are a listener, an educator and a gifted cultivator of new and exciting opportunities grounded in the science. You'll fit within the invigorating culture of Optinose and raise the bar alongside those with ideals that match your own: Friendship, Possibility Thinking, Fearless Conversations, Openness, Authenticity, and Perseverance. You'll be a critical member of a team united by a shared mission to improve lives.
Optinose has partnered with Syneos Health to fill direct hire positions for their inaugural Medical Science Liaison team. Responsibilities
You will represent Optinose and our product, XHANCE (fluticasone propionate) nasal spray, approved to treat nasal polyps in adults and under development for the treatment of chronic sinusitis. You will be critical in establishing and maintaining robust educational and collaborative relationships with Allergy and ENT External Experts, as well as academic medical centers, their residency and fellowship training programs, investigators, and other healthcare professionals managing patients with chronic rhinosinusitis. You will gain key insights into the current management of chronic rhinosinusitis and address the identified needs of key stakeholders by providing relevant and compliant medical and scientific support. Responsibilities will include:
- Establish Optinose as a leading biopharmaceutical company dedicated to creating value through the combination of a breakthrough technology platform for drug delivery with existing, well-characterized drugs to profoundly improve patient treatments in areas of substantial ongoing need.
- Build and strengthen professional relationships with local/regional/national allergy and ENT experts whose scientific expertise and knowledge are important to the acceptance and understanding of Optinose products by serving as a key clinical/scientific resource to these experts and their supporting staff.
- Engage in product and disease discussions and presentations to various external and internal stakeholders.
- Identify and engage external experts whose knowledge and expertise supports the Optinose business through company activities including, but not limited to, participating in Advisory Boards, clinical trials, publications, and as speakers on topics related to Company interests.
- Support the creation of educational and presentation materials by providing timely feedback based on key insights acquired through interactions with external experts.
Along with high achievement, a goal-oriented mindset, and a focus on delighting customers, the ideal candidate has:
- PharmD, PhD, MD, DO, NP, or other terminal degree
- 2+ years' field experience in pharmaceutical industry or a Master's Degree in a scientific discipline and 8+ years' field experience
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication, project management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of FDA and PhRMA Code requirements
- Allergy, ENT, pulmonary or immunology scientific knowledge and experience a plus
- Payer experience a plus
Medical Science Liaison
More than 50%Minimum Education Level
Client Direct Hire